Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it so hard to get a total quote for landline + broadband??

Options
  • 05-10-2018 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

OK I am new in Ireland and the hardest thing so far was to find out EXACTLY how much it would cost to have broadband at my new home.

First, I was told by an Eir agent that I needed a landline, for 39.99 per month for 12 months, and after I check broadband availability I could upgrade at the same price. So I ordered the landline.

So I had the landline installed, and contacted Eir again. Talking to another agent, I was told the sane thing, and I actually have the screenshots from the live chat. My actual words were: ""to confirm, I will be paying 39.99 for 12 months and that includes landline and broadband". And the answer was yes.

I went ahead with the order, and I just got an email thanking me for upgrading my Eir services for the price of 59.99 per month for 12 months!!!

So what's the story here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

OK I am new in Ireland and the hardest thing so far was to find out EXACTLY how much it would cost to have broadband at my new home.

First, I was told by an Eir agent that I needed a landline, for 39.99 per month for 12 months, and after I check broadband availability I could upgrade at the same price. So I ordered the landline.

So I had the landline installed, and contacted Eir again. Talking to another agent, I was told the sane thing, and I actually have the screenshots from the live chat. My actual words were: ""to confirm, I will be paying 39.99 for 12 months and that includes landline and broadband". And the answer was yes.

I went ahead with the order, and I just got an email thanking me for upgrading my Eir services for the price of 59.99 per month for 12 months!!!

Hi pantelas2002, 

Apologies for the confusion here. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll be able to clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pantelas2002

Hi pantelas2002, 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll be able to clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey
    Hi Tracey, PM sent. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi pantelas2002, 

Thanks 

Tracey
    Hi Tracey, PM sent. Thanks in advance.
    Great, thanks. 

I've PM'd you back there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement