Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign cheque from US taking long to clear

Options
  • 05-10-2018 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I lodged an American cheque in my local branch on the 02/08/2018, over 9 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my account to be credited for the amount. I was initially told it would take 6-8 weeks max.

The cheque was taken up on a collections basis and was for an amount greater than 3000.

Is there anything that can be done to speed up the process?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

PaddyM382 wrote: »
    Hi,

I lodged an American cheque in my local branch on the 02/08/2018, over 9 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my account to be credited for the amount. I was initially told it would take 6-8 weeks max.

The cheque was taken up on a collections basis and was for an amount greater than 3000.

Is there anything that can be done to speed up the process?

Thanks

Hi PaddyM382,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. The average timeframe we give our customers for a foreign exchange cheque to be credited to their account is 6 to 8 weeks. Cheques are sent to the foreign bank in order to confirm the payment with us. If you would like to send us a PM with the details of the branch you lodged the cheque we can forward this to the Branch to see if they have had any further update.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement