Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near NUIG?

Options
  • 05-10-2018 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where is the handiest (and most likely place to have spaces) near NUIG tomorrow morning?
    Have been told it will be busy as its Open Day so don't want to chance NUIG itself and then end up having to go elsewhere . Will be arriving around 9.30ish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Only wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where is the handiest (and most likely place to have spaces) near NUIG tomorrow morning?
    Have been told it will be busy as its Open Day so don't want to chance NUIG itself and then end up having to go elsewhere . Will be arriving around 9.30ish

There are no clampers on Saturdays around the college so people abandon their cars anywhere really. I'd say you'll get a spot somewhere on campus at that time.
    I'd suggest out near Corrib Village if you cant get anything closer to the centre of campus - there is a big car park there that may be far enough away to avoid being packed at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

There will be clampers on campus on Saturday according to the brochure, so be careful. The car park in Dangan is probably the best option. The shuttle bus will be running.
    Alternatively you could park at the Cathedral €5/day and walk across the road to the campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

There will be clampers on campus on Saturday according to the brochure, so be careful. The car park in Dangan is probably the best option. The shuttle bus will be running.
    Alternatively you could park at the Cathedral €5/day and walk across the road to the campus.

Is there a fair chance that there will be parking in the Cathedral at that hour? .. Being that side would probably suit me better as I will walk into town while my son is in the college ... save me looking for parking again.

Hoki wrote: »
    There are no clampers on Saturdays around the college so people abandon their cars anywhere really. I'd say you'll get a spot somewhere on campus at that time.
    I'd suggest out near Corrib Village if you cant get anything closer to the centre of campus - there is a big car park there that may be far enough away to avoid being packed at that time.

Can I ask do you get to Corrib village off the Newcastle Road or is there a better way? ... Would that be nearer than the Cathedral? ... just thinking now I might park there to drop him in if its a good bit nearer...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Only wrote: »
    Can I ask do you get to Corrib village off the Newcastle Road or is there a better way? ... Would that be nearer than the Cathedral? ... just thinking now I might park there to drop him in if its a good bit nearer...

Cathedral is a 2-3 min walk to both college and town.

Corrib village is the other side of college and probably a 20-25 min walk to town

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    Cathedral is a 2-3 min walk to both college and town.

Corrib village is the other side of college and probably a 20-25 min walk to town

Perfect! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

If you are really stuck head to dyke road - 5 Euro for whole day and should have spaces at that time. It’s about 15 mins walk to campus. Dyke road car park is on Headford Road, from university head toward cathedral, town hall theatre then Headford Road. Enjoy the open day, Nuig is a lovely university.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Hoki wrote:
    There are no clampers on Saturdays around the college so people abandon their cars anywhere really. I'd say you'll get a spot somewhere on campus at that time. I'd suggest out near Corrib Village if you cant get anything closer to the centre of campus - there is a big car park there that may be far enough away to avoid being packed at that time.

I thought that car park was for staff and students only? There's a barrier there too.

Just to update - we parked at the Cathedral and it was perfect!
    I hadn't realised there was a short cut from there into the grounds of NUIG - it's many moons since I attended there myself.... many changes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

bobbyss wrote: »
    I thought that car park was for staff and students only? There's a barrier there too.

Mon - Fri. Saturday's would be fine but someone above said the clampers were working on Saturday. This isn't usually the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Hoki wrote:
    Mon - Fri. Saturday's would be fine but someone above said the clampers were working on Saturday. This isn't usually the case.

I am sure I noticed the barriers down on a weekend ?

Advertisement