Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sound on Youtube

Options
  • 05-10-2018 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭

I can get my media files to play normally (ie with sound) but with Youtube I can't get it.

Any suggestions.?

It's been going on for a week or two now..I have scanned for viruses.

There is a volume button on the taskbar and another in Youtube itself. That should be enough surely .

What could be causing this?

I have WIN 10 and use Chrome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

You check the volume mixer settings that YouTube or internet sounds have not been turned down?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭amandstu

I see the mixer setting when I click on the volume icon on the taskbar (bottom right) .They were and are are all (3 ) up to the max.

I can see nothing interesting in "control panel" (and no mixer control in Youtube itself)

Edit :just installed Firefox and it works fine(sound with Youtube) I am now guessing I may have too many tabs open in Chrome (about 75)

Solved it.

The site (youtube) was muted. I saw the icon on the tab (a barred speaker icon) ,right clicked and unmuted the site

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

amandstu wrote: »
    Solved it.

The site (youtube) was muted. I saw the icon on the tab (a barred speaker icon) ,right clicked and unmuted the site

:)

That took you two weeks :o

degsie wrote: »
    That took you two weeks :o

I am getting set in my ways these days....

• Advertisement
Advertisement