Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way to watch BT Sports without signing up for a full package?

Options
  • 05-10-2018 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm just looking to get BT Sports for the UFC fight tomorrow night but don't want to commit to the full package.

Don't mind watching it through the web once it's legitimate and not pirated as I know I'd run into problems

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm just looking to get BT Sports for the UFC fight tomorrow night but don't want to commit to the full package.

Don't mind watching it through the web once it's legitimate and not pirated as I know I'd run into problems
    I don't think you will get a reply here until Monday, if at all.

The fight is €25 on Sky box office and the deal Eir has with BT is probably costing them a fair bit so I wouldn't expect Eir to offer you a deal without tying you into a long term contract

If you have a friend who is with Eir you could ask them for the use of their account. 2 devices can be registered to each account so it would work if they only have one registered currently. 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

tuxy wrote: »
    I don't think you will get a reply here until Monday, if at all.

The fight is €25 on Sky box office and the deal Eir has with BT is probably costing them a fair bit so I wouldn't expect Eir to offer you a deal without tying you into a long term contract

If you have a friend who is with Eir you could ask them for the use of their account. 2 devices can be registered to each account so it would work if they only have one registered currently. 

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Get VPN
    Set location to somewhere that's not screwed by an exclusive deal - I hear Germany is good
    Buy the PPV straight from the UFC

theteal wrote: »
    Get VPN
    Set location to somewhere that's not screwed by an exclusive deal - I hear Germany is good

Good idea, any idea what the total cost would be , vpn + ppv in Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

tuxy wrote: »
    theteal wrote: »
    Get VPN

Good idea, any idea what the total cost would be , vpn + ppv in Germany?
    Not checked myself but iirc somebody in another thread connected via Hola VPN (free) and paid €17 for the PPV

Edit - I just checked, it's €17.89 for the PPV in Germany

• Advertisement

Not bad, it's more than I'd pay for a ppv but still a good saving for someone who really wants it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi ItsRisteard, 

I'm afraid we only offered the fight through our eir Sports service's which would require you signing up to ourselves. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement