Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horizantal Striped Dress can I add a vertical edge

• 05-10-2018 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭

Pennyes striped dress- Love this dress but not too sure about wearing horizontal stripes! Was thinking of sewing a strip about an inch wide of black down the centre or a strip of black leather? plan B would be to add a few buttons onto the strip of black and plan C would be leave as is and just wear a belt with it, though I favour the black strip from the neck to the hem as vertical stripes can give the longer look? thanks for reading - looking forward to feedback, luckily I can do the sewing myself I love reinventing clothes and they become one off pieces!!:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I would first just try it on with wide obi belt for waist definition and see how that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

If I wore that dress with a belt, I'd look like a pair of mountains on a map, with contour lines included.

I'd say, just wear it plain, as is: hanging straight. How about a long necklace to add horizontal-ness with a bit of softness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Day Lewin wrote: »
    If I wore that dress with a belt, I'd look like a pair of mountains on a map, with contour lines included.

I'd say, just wear it plain, as is: hanging straight. How about a long necklace to add horizontal-ness with a bit of softness?

I mean, Verticality, of course. Up-and-downery.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

I’d just add a leather obi belt tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I think it could go a bit funny if the dress has a lot of stretch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Thanks for your comments much appreciated!e
    The belt can be less and more flattering !! I also have the option of wearing it plain , its all about getting the look right to suit individual needs - one can spend a fortune and get it all wrong while others can do very well on the high street with a stylish, creative and edgy look!

Advertisement