Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin dentists who take medical card for full dentures

• 05-10-2018 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Hello guys

I need major work done, will require ALOT of extractions and ALOT of new dentures, basically 80% of my mouth

Appointment with dentist now been changed to 3 weeks as he's away - Friday 26th oct

He comes recommended by all my family, apparently is amazing with people with dental phobia, and will allow my medical card to completely cover the dentures I need

Should I wait for him or look around and get an appointment sooner somewhere else?

I presume if he takes medical card for dentures, there are others who will do the same?

Also, how long is it usually between taking the mould of my mouth and actually fitting the dentures?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Your mouths been in bad condition for years, whats another 3 weeks. That dentist is basically doing charity work there the medical card pay them so little for a job like that, so thank you blessings they are willing to do it for you,

Re the timings the person doing the job decides that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

And I totally appreciate what he’s doing

With me having put it off for so long, now I’ve finally taken the plunge and decided to do it, it can’t coke quick who go

I completely take your points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭SuziXX

Hi Always Be Closing,

I’d stick with him! You’ll be kicking your self if you rush into it with someone else and they don’t end up to be as good. Another dentist will have to apply to the HSE again for your denture and if the 1st dentist has already applied for you it will be confusing and you may not end up saving any time at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

SuziXX wrote: »
    Hi Always Be Closing,

I’d stick with him! You’ll be kicking your self if you rush into it with someone else and they don’t end up to be as good. Another dentist will have to apply to the HSE again for your denture and if the 1st dentist has already applied for you it will be confusing and you may not end up saving any time at all!

Your words are completely re-assuring, thank you for them :-)

I have waited this long, what's another 3 weeks, right? :-) I'm so so nervous though

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭kig

Would you mind sending me his details, if you can recommend him, I am on MC as well and not happy with my dentist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement