Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books for Learning Irish?

Options
  • 06-10-2018 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

I have a little bit of Irish but I’m looking to improve. I was thinking of getting Learning Irish by Micheal O’Siadhail but I’m from Munster and it teaches Connemara dialect. Would this be a problem? What do you think of this book? And are there any other books you’d recommend that aren’t complete beginner?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I actually find some Junior Cert books are good for working on your Irish. They have a grammar section, and will teach you vocab to talk about yourself, area, hobbies etc. Gael Linn in Dublin have a book they sell, but I can't think of the name of it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 twiz

Connacht Irish is generally the standard Irish - there may be the occasional word that is specific to the region, but that wouldn't be a huge issue.

Advertisement