Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio

Options
  • 06-10-2018 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

I need to be able to access my local Dublin based radio stations here in g/way. So far I can only access them through the tv, which has a difficult location to be heard in my office and can't be moved.

So, anyone, have any idea's on how I can get reliable reception of 98/104? I can't use the computers, the furthest away I can receive on the current radio is spirit radio,:eek::eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Bredabe wrote: »
    I need to be able to access my local Dublin based radio stations here in g/way. So far I can only access them through the tv, which has a difficult location to be heard in my office and can't be moved.

So, anyone, have any idea's on how I can get reliable reception of 98/104? I can't use the computers, the furthest away I can receive on the current radio is spirit radio,:eek::eek:

Most radio stations have apps that allow you to listen live.
    I am using an old android phone and a Bluetooth speaker to listen to German and UK stations via WIFI. Works well.
    Alternatively you could buy an internet radio. Used to have one, but it died after about 10 years and I didn't replace it.

Tunein radio app has everything you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Most radio stations have apps that allow you to listen live.
    I am using an old android phone and a Bluetooth speaker to listen to German and UK stations via WIFI. Works well.
    Alternatively you could buy an internet radio. Used to have one, but it died after about 10 years and I didn't replace it.
    Is internet radio the same as DAB?, if so, there is no signal where I am.
    Will try the phone tks.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Bredabe wrote: »
    Is internet radio the same as DAB?

No - two different things.

DAB is a broadcasting system not available in Galway.(only Dublin Cork Limerick at present)

The Tunein app is kind of internet radio but you can also buy an actual radio which like the app picks up radio station web streams from your wifi/ broadband

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Get an Amazon Echo and use it with TuneIn?

• Advertisement
Advertisement