Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a pay-as-you-go deal - suggestions please?

Options
  • 06-10-2018 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

HI
    I'm not all that up-to-speed with the various types of phone plans or their names - what I'd like is a deal whereby I only pay when the credit has run out - rather than either having a fixed monthly payment.

Is there such a thing? - I have my own unlocked phone..

I was with Meteor, then they got taken over by eir (who must surely win the prize for the most clueless bunch ever!) - I think I'm on a deal with eir which only involves me paying to top-up when my credit is low... but I wouldn't be surpirsed if what they said and what they'll actually do are two different things!

I'm not a heavy user of talk / text / data - the phone's more of a back-up if we're out & about and need to be in touch..

I've upgraded my old Huawei to a Samsung S5, and I'm waiting on eir to provide with the correct-sized sim to fit the Samsung - but they're taking forever and this has me thinking about alternative providers..

Suggestions, please?
    Thanks, Adrian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adrianglass

Another stellar performance from eir.
    Waited nearly a week for the replacement mini-sim to arrive.
    Phoned eir to port the number across.
    Turns out that eir have sent me a red card - which can't be used to accept the old phone number - I need a green card. Took over half an hour on the phone to eir to establish this.

Green cards are only obtainable from a bricks&mortar phone shop - which would involve me in driving all the way to Cork (from Ballydehob, out here in West Cork).

That's just the push I needed to move away from the sorry mess that is eir!
    Clowns!!

Advertisement