Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone living in Norway

Options
  • 06-10-2018 7:21pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am just wondering if anyone here is living in Norway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Yep.
    Moved to the north of Norway last year.
    What do you need to know?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

just wondering who else was here:)
    Only moved in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Hi Guys,
    what sort of work do you do?
    any issues with language?
    I was there twice over the years,loved it and would be very interested in going to work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I work with information security, however it's difficult finding the right work where I live, so I'm stuck learning new skills in IT :D.

Language is an issue the further north you go as it's away from the buzzing multi-cultural big cities, such as Oslo.
    It's not that Norwegian's have bad English; it's a confidence thing.

Are you in Oslo, Moonbeam?
    How's life?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Finiardo

Would like to hear more about the experience of living there, seems like a very civilized country: tried to learn the lingo some years ago but found it too difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Fart wrote: »
    I work with information security, however it's difficult finding the right work where I live, so I'm stuck learning new skills in IT :D.

Language is an issue the further north you go as it's away from the buzzing multi-cultural big cities, such as Oslo.

How's life?

I know Poles up north that make a killing as they have trades. I was in Bergen and loved it. Oslo is worth a visit. Those folk are so classy! I found the drug use/begging on the streets very surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Fart wrote: »

How's life?

Did you have an infosec job secured before you went? Are you there long and what part?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I live in Oslo:)
    Hubby is currently working I have 1 kid at home so still home with them until they get a Barnhage place,Also in the IT sector and the job was secured before we got here.
    I find the drug use and begging alot less then Dublin or Limerick.
    I am coming to terms with the supermarkets and the cost of food!

Advertisement