Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish broker companies importing UK Campervans

• 06-10-2018 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,834 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. My little family are looking for a clean camper for around 10K. We've come across a few websites offering campers from England for good prices. I've emailed two of them and they've got back to me to explain that after payment they'll deliver the vehicle to Ireland. :)

They claim they're agents for English sellers and won't release the address of the camper (for inspection) unless we make a deposit of 35% of the vehicles worth.

Surely this is some sort of scam? We're not parting with money on these terms obviously, and we're just wondering has anyone come across these people?

Thanks a million.

Edit - both replies to the mails used the same style of language and terms. The sound like they're the same gang.

Comments

Advertisement