Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What popular games don't you like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The Halo franchise , enjoyed the very 1st one and everything since has been the exact same , rubbish , Call of Duty has gone the same way aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Dcully wrote: »
    Destiny 2 endgame right now is fantastic your really missing out, Forsaken is a huge success and brought back massive amounts to the game, endgame quantity and quality is approaching mmo standards now.

Back OT i cant stand fortnite.

I loved Destiny. Loved it. Played hundred of hours with the great Destiny community on here.

Destiny 2 on the other hand was a disappointment with bungie ignoring their loyal playerbase and hiding content after expensive and poor dlc and more poor dlc.

I’ve heard Forsaken is good but I just can’t bring myself to give them more money. I just can’t. They don’t deserve the support at this point. Probably my loss but I just can’t support a company who took this long to get it right.

Anyway back to the question op mainstream game I don’t like... has to be Fortnite.

I can see the appeal but I’ve tried it and I just don’t like the third person view. Does my head in.

Also PES is better than FIFA. Yeah I went there. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Was never into the far cry games but heard from folks that 3 is suppose to be great so really tempted to pick it up from the store. I used to make the mistake of picking up FIFA at full price every September for 4 or 5 year each one being more and more a disappointment until I finally found sense and got 18 at discount a couple of months back for like 20 quid and eventually found myself enjoying it. The ultimate teams have completely ruined it though plus EAs greed.

I was told by friends that PES is the better game and they're probably right though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

I can't stand actually playing Fortnite. It's a polished game but there's so many flaws to it. The weapon rarity thing is stupid (the guy with the purple gun will beat the guy with the green gun no matter what) and the building, oh lord. You shoot one guy once with a pistol and he builds a castle around himself. Or also the tryhards that build staircases and dropshot you with a shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I really wanted to like the Witcher 3 given the glowing reviews that it got from pretty much every website/publication, however when I bought it I just couldn't get into it. I thought the combat was pretty bad, and even the feel of traversing the world just felt off to me. I traded it in pretty soon after that and had kinda just put it out of my mind. Then, a few months ago I saw it pop up for really cheap on the playstation store so I decided to give it another go, especially after my cdprojekt red hype went through the roof after the Cyberpunk e3 reveal. I still just can't get into the game. I'm sure it's a great game ( except for the combat ) but I just don't think it's ever going to click with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Metal Gear series. Never did anything for me and I could never really fully get into any stealth games aside from Thief.

So it turns out I own the HD release of 2 and 3 on the Xbox digitally and it's just been made backwards compatible. I decide to give MGS2 another go and.....it's awful.

The controls are an absolute abomination and honestly I don't get how anyone who isn't already clouded by nostalgia for it, can think it's a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

About 6 months ago I tried playing Resident Evil 4 and the control system put me off immediately. I played it back in the day and loved it but couldn't get my head around it in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gimli2112 wrote: »
    About 6 months ago I tried playing Resident Evil 4 and the control system put me off immediately. I played it back in the day and loved it but couldn't get my head around it in 2018.

Absolute sacrilege for some but I hope it is eventually remade like 0,1,2 have as updating it will require a bit more than changing the controls or allowing you to walk and shoot :o

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    I really wanted to like the Witcher 3 given the glowing reviews that it got from pretty much every website/publication, however when I bought it I just couldn't get into it. I thought the combat was pretty bad, and even the feel of traversing the world just felt off to me. I traded it in pretty soon after that and had kinda just put it out of my mind. Then, a few months ago I saw it pop up for really cheap on the playstation store so I decided to give it another go, especially after my cdprojekt red hype went through the roof after the Cyberpunk e3 reveal. I still just can't get into the game. I'm sure it's a great game ( except for the combat ) but I just don't think it's ever going to click with me.
    Witcher 3 is slow to start IMO, and it's not helped by the fact that the first two world areas are so dreary to look at.

At some point in the early game you'll meet a character called the Bloody Baron. Once you finish his quests this is the turning point for the game becoming really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Anything at all with Mario in. Just not for me.

My only exception to this is Mario Kart, hate every other Mario game.

FIFA games, I'm not good at then but that's mostly because they frustrate the hell out of me after thirty seconds or so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Sight808 wrote: »
    Struggling to get into Zelda BOTW, which annoys me as I'm a massive Zelda fan. Just feel it's a waste of time wondering around for more than an hour trying to find stuff, particularly after a day at work.

Hated all the COD games
    Far Cry
    Fortnite
    Any AC game.

I'm going to start witcher 3 soon, hope it's worth the hype!

Is it worth getting a wii u or switch just to play Zelda breath of the wild.
    I really loved all the zelda games ive ever played ever since I played it on a snes as a kid.

I wonder if I could just leave the cooking parts of the game for my 6 year old to play?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The cooking is very minor.

I say go for it, it's one of the best games of the last decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

It took me a few months to get through Skyward sword because I didnt have much spare time but I still enjoyed enormously.

Id say it will take me a similar amount of time to get through BotW. So I'll get my moneys worth!
    Plus the switch is great for kids games anyway, so it would still get use after BotW.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've never fully played a Zelda game. I've actually only played 1 Zelda game, can't remember which one but I was using an emulator running a SNES rom, so one of those ones. If I was to play one, which ones would ye recommend? I have a Wii at home, and can get my hands on anything pre-PS era. Would consider picking up a WiiU if it's cheap enough to play one. Don't have the Switch, and while I do want to get one, it's not high on the priority list.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Any Dark Souls or Dark Souls like games, Bloodborne, Purge etc.
    Just going from one frustrating boss fight to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭peter4918

Is it worth getting a wii u or switch just to play Zelda breath of the wild.
    I really loved all the zelda games ive ever played ever since I played it on a snes as a kid.

I wonder if I could just leave the cooking parts of the game for my 6 year old to play?

I got a switch just to play BOTW and knocked about 145 hours out of it so I think it’s worth it just to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

peter4918 wrote: »
    I got a switch just to play BOTW and knocked about 145 hours out of it so I think it’s worth it just to play it.

I also never played a Zelda game until BOTW, well I had tried Ocarina of Time but couldn't get into it.
    For me the switch was worth buying just for BOTW.

To that point, I never completed a Mario game either and also bought Mario Odyssey. I didn't really like it, stopped midway through the 3rd world/level.

To answer the OP, I don't really like Mario games or most platformers, also Fortnite and any COD since COD4.

Oh, I also bought Persona 5, couldn't get into it either.
    GTA4 was crap too imo, only GTA I never finished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

So I am going to say it and I'm sure I can't be the only one.

Red dead redemption 2

They put so much effort into the mechanics to create a living immersive experience and it just comes across as clunky and cumbersome.

Despite being open world, it's one of the most linear games I've played, with no imagination in the missions. Go to a place 10 minutes away, shooty shooty bang bang, run away.

I thought that with the open world efforts from Ubisoft, Nintendo and Bethesda, rockstar would really raise the bar, but I feel that they have not moved forward from GTA4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,798 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mario. Seems like anything you touch instakills you. Just never saw what the fuss was all about.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Fortnite... I don't like its style, and I hate third person shooters.

• Advertisement

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Fortnite... I don't like its style, and I hate third person shooters.

I really don't want to include Fortshiet as a popular game...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's got it's fans. I think I just don't like battle royale, I certainly don't like the building mechanic and not a fan of the cartoony style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

So I am going to say it and I'm sure I can't be the only one.

Red dead redemption 2

They put so much effort into the mechanics to create a living immersive experience and it just comes across as clunky and cumbersome.

Despite being open world, it's one of the most linear games I've played, with no imagination in the missions. Go to a place 10 minutes away, shooty shooty bang bang, run away.

I thought that with the open world efforts from Ubisoft, Nintendo and Bethesda, rockstar would really raise the bar, but I feel that they have not moved forward from GTA4.

Dont worry your not alone, red dead redemption has dissapointed me so much i havent played it in weeks if not a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

And that's how you know you're OLD :pac:

========

I don't like:

* GTA: poor driving mechanics, a gameplay loop that's similar to Monopoly in that it's only fun once you break the rules, and horrible unlikeable characters in 5.
    * COD/Battlefield: Hitscan weapons were a mistake. Regenerating health was a mistake.
    * Battle Royal: Running around an empty field for 15 minutes only to die in 3 shots (see above) is not my idea of fun.
    * Mortal Kombat/Injustice: Jank animations. Jank characters. Jank DLC practices.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    And that's how you know you're OLD :pac:

So people keep telling me!

The idea of the game is fine, it's the building that ruins it. And it's not a 'git gud' (I hate that phrase) moment, it's just stupid mechanics. I'd get over the cartoony style, and the gunplay seems alright, but that building...

Oh, I never mentioned Halo. I didn't have an Xbox when it first came out, but when I got the 360 and tried them, I hated them. Anything but a headshot was useless.

Advertisement