Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boys - Amazon Prime Original - (**Spoilers**) (No Comic Spoilers!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My theory is that Stormfront reinvented herself before, Liberty I think it was so I expected a Darth Vader type reveal, Homelander just wants to be loved and no-one loves him now, can't wait for season 3 now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

faceman wrote: »
    Kripke in the Variety article said they were dropping hints about her since the first episode of season 2

I'd wanna see those hints cos they sailed right over my head. And like I said the Congress scene doesn't track against how we see the powers manifest in that finale scene. I mean sure, it was suss they survived but the show did too good a job showing them visibly baffled as the rest of us. Smells like a last minute decision to me, for the sake of trolling points.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The baby kills his wife by ripping its way out her belly. Butcher then bashes it's brains in with a frying pan
    It was a lamp or a candlestick looking thing, Im in the middle of a reread :D

I was fine with the head exploding reveal. She was working with the CIA chick so had more inside knowledge than most and it made no sense for her to be spared at the hearing so it all fits for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm only on episode 5 of season 2.
    Terror
    you little ****ing hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Terror. You beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

Great episode, wrapped up well.
    Got great laugh from Frenchie's analysis of Wile E.Coyote's failings and the response!
    #roadrunner

• Registered Users Posts: 32,974 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I loved homelanders look when
    stormfront mentioned white genocide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

gmisk wrote: »
    I loved homelanders look when
    stormfront mentioned white genocide

Yeah Homelander knew deep down she was a cretin but the egomaniac that he is looked past it albeit with disgust.

Oh and billy's phone
    the ***** at vought lol
    Always good to hear a peaches song as well!

Cannot wait for more episodes!
    I might be in the minority but the weekly thing worked for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I want to know is there something special about Fresca

And is it something I'll find out with the show

I honestly have no idea...I thought maybe it was meant to be a like drinking the kool-aid thing?
    Comic book readers might know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Girl power!!
    There's nothing more exhilarating than watching a nazi get the **** kicked out of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I honestly have no idea...I thought maybe it was meant to be a like drinking the kool-aid thing?

they'll have to spoiler it though of course!!

Found this season fairly hit and miss. Lost interest in most of the characters. The initial idea is fantastic but it really starts to drag as it seems somewhat directionless.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

great series, cant wait for season 3

Who was the supe who had a full body but no head ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've read a load of the comics and never seen it mentioned. It's a real drink so maybe it's some kind of ironic product placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PTH2009 wrote: »

As in a member of the Seven? That was Translucent. He was only fully invisible when naked. So there are posters and stuff of him where you see the costume he's wearing, but not his body.

PTH2009 wrote: »

I presume it was the invisible guy that hughie killed by blowing him up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Second season was for the most part boring, no hook, story line was lame. Showdown in the final episode was pathetic as were the effects. Poor decision getting rid of Elisabeth Shue, great character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

No nothing special about Fresca

Apparently its an in joke with the writers , one scene had the Deep drinking something and they thought it was funny to pick Fresca as nobody likes Fresca.
    They then kept putting it in scenes to amuse themselves and it took on its own life from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

auspicious wrote: »
    Girl power!!
    There's nothing more exhilarating than watching a nazi get the **** kicked out of her.

It's the trash talk while kicking the fcuk out of her that gets me everytime. So satisfying and not often you can say that these days when the eventual pay off disappoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I presume it was the invisible guy that hughie killed by blowing him up

Yeah it was him

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭al87987

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Second season was for the most part boring, no hook, story line was lame. Showdown in the final episode was pathetic as were the effects. Poor decision getting rid of Elisabeth Shue, great character.

While I enjoyed the 2nd season, I agree with your last two points. Expected a little more of the final battle and Elisabeth Shue was definitely missed this season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

No nothing special about Fresca

Apparently its an in joke with the writers , one scene had the Deep drinking something and they thought it was funny to pick Fresca as nobody likes Fresca.
    They then kept putting it in scenes to amuse themselves and it took on its own life from there.

Love this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I thoroughly enjoyed it and have no nits to pick with it. Not as if it was going for the prestige drama vote. Pure entertainment.

Anthony Starr deserves massive recognition, Karl Urban has charisma and I forgive it any perceived flaws.

Hughie was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

I think its a great show so far, and the deviations from the comics is good. It tooka bit of time to get used to, and the scenes are similar enough to the comics that you read them expecting one thing but getting another.
    All in all its good.
    I do think that when Solider Boy comes along we are going to get someone who will, for some reason or other, be nearly as powerful as Homelander, or else the compound V gets brought in to give the boys a fighting chance.

One thing I find is the inconsistency with powers, like nearly every superhero program!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Just finished it. Christ that was good. Some of the best TV I've watched in years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement