Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boys - Amazon Prime Original - (**Spoilers**) (No Comic Spoilers!)

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

If you have the time, do what I suggested.

I get the Feeling The Boys Season 4 isn't going to bring in Gen V stuff and assume everyone has watched it. There will be some sort of soft intro.

Season 4 isn't great so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think the main plot point which is likely to come from Gen V happens in a previous episode, not the final episode.

Article here from a few weeks ago going over some of the main plot points and links between the two if you don't want to watch Gen V.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/06/16/the-plot-points-of-gen-v-you-should-know-for-the-boys-season-4/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The shock value the show had is now long gone when all they seem to do is try to shock for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Homelander is just boring this season, he is not menacing at all. I get there is some mystery of what Sister Sage is planning but the plot is just so slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CiaranW

Yeah, it just seems to be outrageous over the top bits here and there.

I'm enjoying the Sister Sage parts as she is very dangerous.

I'm not finding it to be slow, just finding it a bit boring now, rinse repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,472 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

Probably my favourite show of the last several years, but this season has been a bit of a let down so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

home lander is having a breakdown over getting old, should be interesting to see how that plays out

Firecracker is annoying she has no power bar lighting a match ffs

The internet isn’t for everyone

Yeah there's definitely diminishing returns, and then it feels very try-hard when they're trying to top what they've previously done. The sauna bit in a previous episode was just more groan-inducing than funny imo, as was Ashley leaving a floater in Homelander's toilet this episode which was just f*cking stupid.

I don't mind the pace of this season. It's still setting things up in an interesting enough direction, and we know nothing major is going to happen or be resolved this season if next season is going to be the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I really don't get why people who had tortured Honelander as a kid would stay working in the company once he took it over, given he is such a psycho. Actually Homelander now running Voight hasn't really added that much to the overall storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭Cordell

They could set up something big this season, end it with a cliffhanger, and resolve it in season 5. But it looks like the whole season is gonna be a floater.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did you know Anthony Starr assaulted some guy and got out of it by paying a fine https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/antony-starr-arrested-spain-assault-1235196520/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The jar is hilarious so many people I know complaining of the same old colour complex but other than me none of them are a homicidal man child with a superhero split personality.

Fantastic season so far much darker than I expected.

Homelander letting Ryan make his own decisions…….

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The plot with Hughie's dad seems pretty pointless, struggling to see what the point of it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

I assume this sets up Hughie euthanizing Butcher next season.

The "doing stuff for shock value" shtick is getting even more tiresome. Parts of this week's episode was just painful to watch for all the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The writing in this show has really degraded. Hughies whole character arch was getting revenge on sups for killing his girlfriend but him, his Mum and Dad don’t seem to give a toss about killing a bunch of innocent people in the hospital.

Why are Sister Sage and the President having a moan about rich men having all the power at a billionaire party when they clearly have power?

Far too much American politics shoehorned into this in not very clever ways.

MM is way too small now, Butcher looks huge next to him. The show needs more of the Deep and more homelander. Even teaming A train and the Deep up might have worked. It just feels like they spend way too much time with characters that are just not that interesting, less Hughie and starlight for a start.

Yeah, the show is losing it.

I found myself on my phone for some parts now.

The parts of this weeks episode did not need to be shown, it could've been implied. Just filler shock value crap.

I'm not even sure it needed to be implied or included at all. It was always a case that the Supes were publicly heroes, but were kind of depraved lunatics behind the scenes who were drunk on their own power and status. But now it just feels like the writers keep trying to outdo what they did previously in that regard that it's gone beyond just being depraved lunatics into feeling like horrible fanfiction from a website that quite frankly the users should be investigated about.

It just feels so dumb, cringy and tryhard most of the time.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just caught up on Gen V and current season of The Boys over the past week. Was able to get through Gen V in a weekend yet took me 5 days to get through only 5 episodes of The Boys. Just feels a chore. It's like the plot of the week is just there to see how they can work some gore/dodgy content into it. The Frenchie stuff from early on was boring and the episodes in general are just too long at over an hour each. Then this week was one of the worst for it. Nothing says a superhero show like all characters standing around talking about politics.

Then there's a lack of stakes. You know all the characters are safe and the only one they seemingly kill is Kimiko. All gore is provided by ones who are just there to die. Like last week when the agents/bodyguards were at the farm, it was obvious they were just there to be killed. i mean, Homelander has no trouble killing on a whim yet then anytime a main character meets him, they get away.

I will say as a Supernatural fan, knowing who Rob Benedict played in that did make his appearance funnier/more f'd up.

Maybe knowing next season is the final season they can maybe have something big happen in the next couple episodes (assuming they knew it was the final season when making this one) and then will see characters start being killed off either in this season's finale or throughout next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm still enjoying it. Not as good as previous seasons, but still a guilty pleasure of a show for me.

I love how blatantly it's making fun of the far right - jewish space lasers, mansplaining abortion, billionaires influencing politics (and a couple of others that I can't remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I think that's the problem, this season seems to be only about taking the piss out of the far right, there's very little happening in terms of plot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think the fact it lapooned all sides (woke left and the right) previously but did it so much better really shows how vanilla this season is.

I remember someone saying when Trump got elected it was great for shite comedians and bad for good comedians. That's what this feels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

It’s worse than that, references are not jokes. This has all been done far better by South Park.
    Even the last episode with Tech knight, he’s supposed to be a perverted Batman but it was very bland, Hughie was getting his feet tickled is supposed to be some sort of extreme S&M. All they had to do was imply it and not show it, then you assume the worst after seeing the dungeon.

Post edited by Potatoeman on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Honestly, I enjoyed the parodying real life, but this has just gotten lazy with the literal direct references. One or so in an episode is fine but I think this one had 5-6 quotes.

Also, the scene with Hughie was just entirely uncalled for and the fact it was all done for laughs is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

I think that he learned from his trip "home" that it's better to manipulate people rather than try and directly dictate what they do.

Season itself, enjoying the hell out of it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Best season thus far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement