Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boys - Amazon Prime Original - (**Spoilers**) (No Comic Spoilers!)

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was better and a few good moments. I assume the finale will be all about the hunt for the shooter.

As I said before, I'd say there'll be at least one death, assuming they knew the next season was the final one. After this week, it could be A-Train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭JayRoc

I'm just gonna say it, the last scene in episode 7 was just too **** much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thats all it has devolved into shock for shock territory.

This was my issue with Garth Ennis; he's a talented writer but has a habit of trying for shock value over good storytelling…and the show seems to have followed suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Advertisement

don't think so, but now I know what you're referring to. 👍️

Apologies, you're right. That was just the point in the episode where I checked out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thought it was a decent finale. I think as most of us figured, very much setting up the final season as opposed to resolving anything (bar Nueman). Not a huge fan of Sister Sage's "You ruined my plan but I knew you'd ruin my plan and this was actually my plan all along" even though it makes sense. Just felt a bit cheap. Hughie, Starlight, Frenchie, Kimiko and MM… they're all pretty much the exact same as they were at the end of last season. Nothing this season really had any big effect.

But, I'm not going to complain because I think it did what it needed to do which was set things up for a final season, because they need to bring the Butcher V Homelander stuff to a close. There's still plenty they can drag out of the Boys Universe as a whole like Gen V, but the Butcher V Homelander stuff needs to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The last two episodes were an improvement, more going on. Seemed to be a lot of filer in earlier episodes. Seems to be a tie in with Gen z at the end. That series was better than this season of the boys. Hopefully their second season is better than this last one of the boys.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had to look up who the metal bender was. They appeared way back in a season 2 episode in 2020.

Gen V already involved killing non powered people so I'd say season 2 of it will tie in a lot, especially setting up the good guys from Gen V to be involved in the final season of The Boys to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I thought the season picked up very well in the last 3 or 4 episodes, I just don't think they had the storylines or material to produce 8 fast paced episodes. It was slow to start but good overall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Enjoyed the last two episodes but to be honest I just liked the entire season, I didn't feel it was any slide on previous seasons at all. A bit different sure, but massively entertaining and I felt the plot advanced a hell of a lot more than S3, which seemed to be a closed circle by the end in the overall scheme of things.

I guess now we'll have Gen V season 2, which will lead into the final season of The Boys.

Disappointed we never got to see what became of Ashley, but I guess it just adds to the mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,445 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The aqua beasitiality is getting a bit too freaky

It was a decent season overall and sets up nicely for the next one. Didn't expect that character to be killed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Prequel Spinoff , Vought Rising announced

“We are excited to bring you the next deranged series from the world of The Boys,” executive producer Eric Kripke and Vought Rising showrunner/EP Paul Grellong said in a statement. “It’s a twisted murder mystery about the origins of Vought in the 1950s, the early exploits of Soldier Boy, and the diabolical maneuvers of a Supe known to fans as Stormfront, who was then going by the name Clara Vought. We cannot wait to blow your minds and trouble your souls with this salacious, grisly saga drenched in blood and Compound V.”

plus blooper reel

Advertisement