Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boys - Amazon Prime Original - (**Spoilers**) (No Comic Spoilers!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

claiva wrote: »
    It's not on Netflix tho.........
    Just sayin.....
    :D
    Ooops... Amazon....!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Season 2 filming complete. Special effects and finishing touches between now and the release next Summer:
    https://twitter.com/therealKripke/status/1195239885822713857

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

glasso wrote: »
    what's the explanation for why Homelander saved Butcher? -
    just to rub it in that he impregnated his missus and now effectively has a son with her?

Honestly I think it's because
    he's a psychopath and think that Butcher can be of use to him. He's the shot-caller at Vought now and he's seen what The Boys can do to supes already. I reckon season 2 will see them working for Homelander with little choice and taking down people he considers to be a threat to him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Honestly I think it's because
    he's a psychopath and think that Butcher can be of use to him. He's the shot-caller at Vought now and he's seen what The Boys can do to supes already. I reckon season 2 will see them working for Homelander with little choice and taking down people he considers to be a threat to him

I think it's more that
    he was intrigued by Butcher. They made a point of his interest being piqued by Butcher's complete lack of fear in his presence. Then add in the fact that he's just found out Butcher's wife is still alive (thus putting a massive dent in Butcher's entire reason for hating Homelander) and he just wants to see his reaction. What he needs him for beyond that will be curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

How long were they sitting on season 1 for; that feels like an incredibly fast turnaround for a second season. Like it was only a couple of months back we even had that first season

pixelburp wrote: »
    How long were they sitting on season 1 for; that feels like an incredibly fast turnaround for a second season. Like it was only a couple of months back we even had that first season

Principal photography for the first season began on May 22, 2018, in Toronto, and was scheduled to last until September 25, 2018. Principal photography for the second season took place from June 17 to November 13, 2019, in Toronto.

I can just hear him saying this in Billy Butchers voice!

https://twitter.com/KarlUrban/status/1202755160901971968

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭bren2001

Trailers here for anyone who is looking for it:
    https://streamable.com/902pa

That has made me excited for season 2. I wonder when they will drop it.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Trailers here for anyone who is looking for it:
    https://streamable.com/902pa

That has made me excited for season 2. I wonder when they will drop it.

I wonder was it released too early somehow .They will probably release it today

• Advertisement

I wonder was it released too early somehow .They will probably release it today

Maybe I'm just cynical but I assume it was a marketing stunt to drum up more interest in it. It'll be released soon (has to be with the coming in 2020).

Maybe I'm just cynical but I assume it was a marketing stunt to drum up more interest in it. It'll be released soon (has to be with the coming in 2020).

In this day and age it would make sense. There's probably a ton of articles and YouTube videos discussing it already

Doubt this will be pulled as it's from the prime video Youtube channel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Only just got around to watching this recently, fecking awesome, was a big fan of Anthony Starr from Banshee, plays the pyscho so well.

Great show, can't wait for season 2 now .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I thought "that's a name with unfortunate connotations", then I read about the character, lol. Guess any remaining semblance of subtly is going out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Kinda disappointed about the gender swap for Stormfront, I hope the back story is still similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Stormfront in the comics was fecking hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had high expectations for Stormfront, thought that Amazon wouldn't shy away. But maybe it's just a case of an actor talking out their ass but what Antony Starr said about her character seems so wrong, that or he thinks it's going to be some big reveal she's a
    neo nazi.

Varik wrote: »
    Had high expectations for Stormfront, thought that Amazon wouldn't shy away. But maybe it's just a case of an actor talking out their ass but what Antony Starr said about her character seems so wrong, that or he thinks it's going to be some big reveal she's a
    neo nazi.

Well its a reveal for me. Absolutely no reason not to put that in spoilers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Well yes of course it's a big reveal for an audience who've not read the comic. Though it sounds like they're going a good bit away from the origin story/backstory of Stormfront in the comics. Can't remember if it's something revealed straight away in the comics or a bit further down the road.

In fairness, the character's name is "Stormfront". Not 100% obvious but the connotations are right there, about as subtle as a brick to the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pretty sure then name came first then the powers when he was being created.
    Homelander wrote: »
    Well yes of course it's a big reveal for an audience who've not read the comic. Though it sounds like they're going a good bit away from the origin story/backstory of Stormfront in the comics. Can't remember if it's something revealed straight away in the comics or a bit further down the road.

it was straight away in the comic, his first words are
    "Italians, what was the furher thinking"

pixelburp wrote: »
    In fairness, the character's name is "Stormfront". Not 100% obvious but the connotations are right there, about as subtle as a brick to the face.

Prior to reading this thread, my only understanding of the word Stormfront was in a weather context. I'd not heard of the character or other meanings of the word. It's only obvious if you know the context of the word.

Either way, if you're giving details which we have not been divulged in the show, people should use spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Prior to reading this thread, my only understanding of the word Stormfront was in a weather context. I'd not heard of the character or other meanings of the word. It's only obvious if you know the context of the word.

Either way, if you're giving details which we have not been divulged in the show, people should use spoilers.

Same. I had 'typhoon' in my head- 'Stormtrooper' didn't spring to mind at all. Only retrospectively did I think it was in any way signposted. Then again, I am a bit dense sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Good to see a mod of the TV forum is happy to let the spoiler stand and say it is only a spoiler like a subtle as a brick to the face and you should have know the spoiler by the characters name.

I don't agree this is a true spoiler, every outlet I saw the news on mentioned the new characters background, to varying degrees of detail. The tweet posted in this very thread references the "first look" exclusive, Entertainment Weekly article which does same.

Spoilers are a tricky needle to thread at the best of times, but if we're talking about a baseline bullet point of a characters fundamentals, some latitude should be forgiveable.

However, I've spoiler'ed out the bits anyway if people are that annoyed about it. But if any official future promotion makes mention of this character note, it becomes ok to discuss (barring actually plot based elements or twists). I think that's fair all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 starts Friday September 4th and will air weekly with a new episode every Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Wonder why they are doing weekly. Might be running out of new content with covid postponements catching up and this will help keep subscriptions going

• Advertisement

Advertisement