Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ray D'Arcy Show - 6th. October 2018

124»

Comments

I tried a day of rally driving, by gosh it’s not easy at all. Years ago I learned to fly an aircraft, far far easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

On the m50

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That’s not a F1 car
    Formula Renault
    But still very fast

It looked like a Renault F1 car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I REALLY ENJOYED OUR CHAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Arghus wrote: »
    Oh the interview would take off then, but we all know that won't happen.

Guest: I nearly beheaded someone.
    Ray: Yeah....

And then we found thia fella in the desert, and got captured by the dictator, and then had to break out of his fortress using his F16 fighter jet, but we couldn't take off, so we had to drive around the castle town using the guns and rockets to blast our way out of the walled city, and then we had to make friends with the nomadic tribe in the desert, and then it turned out the fella actually was the jewel of the nile...

Ray: Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Is this the behind the couch segment

I think they needed fire men not police with all that smoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He didn't like that.

In fairness it's a bit personal. How would she like it if he asked her why are you wearing that garish dress?

You do have a point to an extent, but as a presenter of a late night chat show this is what you should expect and be able to roll with it and just have the personality to go with the flow. Ray doesn't have those qualities which is why it's so bizarre that RTE paid him huge money for him to take this slot when it wasn't warranted or needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

No.
    Just no

• Advertisement

darlett wrote: »
    I feel **** about it too. I liked the Den when he was on, so it feels like a betrayal of a childhood friend to bad mouth him...though it was really Zig n Zag I was tight with. And of course there's always the argument that you can switch over...but its RTE, we are all taxed to the hilt for the likes of him. If TV3 were carrying him it would bother me far less.

It's the thread. Less than 5% of the people here would watch this without the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

That’s not a F1 car
    Formula Renault
    But still very fast

It is an F1 car. They just look shite nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why is it okay to have a bunch of fella's stripping but if it was women there'd be uproar

I remember a crazy Late late back in 06 where they had a self confessed pedophile on as a guest, followed by Jimmy Carr and then some lads doing The Full Monty.

It was a wonderful time to be alive.

Her hands are massive.

They are well suited to handling the wheel, which does need strength and dexterity on the track. I got my left thumb temporarily banjaxed during my day of rally driving and could no longer operate the heat shift, which instructor had to take over.

That was not the full monty, more a partial monty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Doubt a load of ladies would get on the show doing that

I tried a day of rally driving, by gosh it’s not easy at all. Years ago I learned to fly an aircraft, far far easier.

If I did a day of rallying, I'd bring my missus with me.

It's not a joke, she's just a way, way better driver than I am.

75% Monty.

I remember a crazy Late late back in 06 where they had a self confessed pedophile on as a guest, followed by Jimmy Carr and then some lads doing The Full Monty.

It was a wonderful time to be alive.

I remember watching the Late Late Show with my parents as a teenager and they showed footage from the good sex guide video, no one wearing a stitch of clothing in the video...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

RobertKK wrote: »
    It looked like a Renault F1 car.

No too small, plus the real F1 car has a very slippy clutch which Richard Hammond had problems it

Please tell me I didn't just see the words 'Supported By Your Licence Fee' at the end there?!

:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Very disappointing alright. I'll be writing to Mailbag about this, I can assure you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why is it okay to have a bunch of fella's stripping but if it was women there'd be uproar

It's only a bit of fun for
    The girls when it's male strippers when the ladies are doing it we are perverts

No too small, plus the real F1 car has a very slippy clutch which Richard Hammond had problems it

In fairness, he has problems remembering his own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Please tell me I didn't just see the words 'Supported By Your Licence Fee' at the end there?!

:eek: :rolleyes: :D

'Booed At All Night Long By Your Licence Fee' would be a bit on the nose though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Lets be honest, it was a non-monty:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's the thread. Less than 5% of the people here would watch this without the thread.

Truth. Wouldn't be arsed with this or the LLS if it wasn't for the thread.

Dear Arthur,

As a licence fee payer, I was disgusted to see that the male strippers on the Ray D'Arcy Show on Saturday night didn't fully remove their clothes and get their lads out. You didn't get to see anything; not even the tip.

Yours etc,

An outraged viewer

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Truth. Wouldn't be arsed with this or the LLS if it wasn't for the thread.

I enjoy the thread more than the show, but that wouldn't be hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Metallica are live streaming a concert now.

Why hasn't anyone started a thread for it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Knock knock open wide
    see whats on the other side
    knock knock open wide
    Oh f*ck it's D'Arcy, I'll stay outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I only saw 5 mins last night and went to the pub. That's two days in a row Ray has sent me to the pub. I downed tools and went on the pi$$ . 20 mins into Friday's radio show. Had a few again this evening . Just turned on the telly and Ray is interviewing Bosco. The "Mute button was invented for moments like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Seriously though, a 55 year old presenter on 400k a year out of the tax payers pockets interviewed a puppet that hasn't been on our screens for a over quarter of a century on Prime Time Saturday night tv !!

You really couldn't make it up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

You really couldn't make it up!!

Well you could if you wanted

Advertisement