Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert subject returns

Options
  • 07-10-2018 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi my school gave us a form this week to fill out what subjects you are doing for leaving cert including outside school ... The thing is im not sure which subject I am going to do outside school it will be business or agri economics I should know by end of week as I am going for classes this week and will see how they go... Problem is my school secterary said that they have to have everything finalised for this tuesday and that if i dont write it on the form then i cant sit it for leaving cert and if i do write it down then i have to sit it... seems unfair asking so early as I may be dropping LCVP but not fully sure yet either!! Is my secterary right in what she is saying or can I write down subjects regardless of whether im sure i will do them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

No, you don't have to sit it if you decide not to. You simply don't turn up for the exam. That's all that happens, and it doesn't appear on your cert. And I'm pretty sure the returns aren't finalised until January. Tick both of the subjects so you are in for them and you can always withdraw.

We had two students in this years LC group who forgot to tick their native (foreign) language, e.g. Polish, Lithuanian etc, so they weren't registered for it. They got a paper on the day and they sat it on the day. The SEC makes every effort to let a student sit an exam that they want to sit. Having a rough idea of numbers in advance makes their job easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

School secretary sounds like she is more interested in having everything tidy / easy for herself than anything else.

Tick both for the moment if you're not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mf310

Thanks alot that helps

Advertisement