Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2011 Nissan Micra or Ford Fiesta

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

https://www.usedcarsni.com/2014-Renault-Zoe-65Kw-Dynamique-Nav-22Kwh-5Dr-Auto-226780266?keywords=&make=0&model=0&fuel_type=13&trans_type=0&age_from=0&age_to=0&price_from=0&price_to=0&user_type=0&mileage_to=0&location%5B%5D=0&homepage_search_attr=1&tab_id=0&search_type=1&car_class=

Just an outside the box idea.....

Please note these are battery rental so you pay a small fee per month for the car but you get a newer car up front and you are covered if any issue with battery because Renault will swap. They are also supposed to offer an upgrade to larger batteries going forward. They do in Europe.

Spec is good, insurance is cheap, service costs are cheap, reduced tolls.....your driving would suit

VRT from UK is free. You will get a grant to install a home charger but you would need to get a home charger......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Especially when you could get them new for 13 or something last year

This seems to be the case for an awful lot of €12-15k small cars. 10 year old models with high mileage in paddy spec listed for €5-6k. That's a nice PCP deposit...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sarahf2k16

Sorry about delay guys just said I'd give you an update. So I paid €5,000 for Ford Fiesta 09 1.25 petrol 82bhp with 60,000 miles . Car had 1 previous owner and is in perfect condition for age. Full service history and 6 month warranty, four new tyres and NCT until 2020. I felt like I was paying a bit more than I should but I googled same model and similar mileage and dealers were charging 5-6k. The day after I buy the car I see a 09 fiesta with 85,000 miles and 1.4 diesel for €4,000 in the same city as I live too... Sickened.

Trying to make myself feel better by keep telling myself that I only do 8,000 miles a year so petrol is best choice for me but ya I'm now regretting the decision knowing I paid a €1,000 more for the petrol...nothing I can do I suppose.

https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/ford/fiesta/201810131468856

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I'd doubt many got a new fiesta on the road for 13k. If so, no other super mini in the 15-17k mark would have sold last year.

Small diesel on 8k miles a year is mental I would think.

I'd doubt many got a new fiesta on the road for 13k. If so, no other super mini in the 15-17k mark would have sold last year.

It was a 'new' 8-9 year old model with a 23 year old engine. Using your logic, Ireland should have been awash with Lancer's the last few years given the rock bottom price for a 'new' car :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Last of the old model.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I have a 2009 Fiesta, which I got two years ago with less than 60K on the clock. It's a wonderful car, a pleasure to drive, and it hasn't given me any issues whatsoever.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I have a 2009 Fiesta, which I got two years ago with less than 60K on the clock. It's a wonderful car, a pleasure to drive, and it hasn't given me any issues whatsoever.

That's what I like to hear! I picked up car today and must say she is lovely to drive although not saying a lot given that my old car was a 05 colt and did not handle well at all!

texas star wrote: »
    Hi I've been driving nissan micra for the past 20 years and 2 months ago I switched to Ford Fiesta I only wish I'd done it sooner.Its a great car just open and close the door in micra and fiesta and it's such big difference.I use it for work and driving daughter around I don't do alot of mileage but I feel 100% safer in the fiesta if we where ever involved in an accident.Just my tup pence worth.Best of luck with your purchase.

Thank you for your lovely feedback! I bought the fiesta and I must say its absolutely lovely, and think you're right feels a lot more safe to drive in than a micra and handles corners/bends so much better than a micra could!

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    https://www.usedcarsni.com/2014-Renault-Zoe-65Kw-Dynamique-Nav-22Kwh-5Dr-Auto-226780266?keywords=&make=0&model=0&fuel_type=13&trans_type=0&age_from=0&age_to=0&price_from=0&price_to=0&user_type=0&mileage_to=0&location%5B%5D=0&homepage_search_attr=1&tab_id=0&search_type=1&car_class=

Just an outside the box idea.....

Please note these are battery rental so you pay a small fee per month for the car but you get a newer car up front and you are covered if any issue with battery because Renault will swap. They are also supposed to offer an upgrade to larger batteries going forward. They do in Europe.

Spec is good, insurance is cheap, service costs are cheap, reduced tolls.....your driving would suit

VRT from UK is free. You will get a grant to install a home charger but you would need to get a home charger......

Thanks for the advice. I rent so don't think installing a home charger would be possible haha, interesting, never heard of that before, it is interesting.

• Advertisement

sarahf2k16 wrote: »
    Sorry about delay guys just said I'd give you an update. So I paid €5,000 for Ford Fiesta 09 1.25 petrol 82bhp with 60,000 miles . Car had 1 previous owner and is in perfect condition for age. Full service history and 6 month warranty, four new tyres and NCT until 2020. I felt like I was paying a bit more than I should but I googled same model and similar mileage and dealers were charging 5-6k. The day after I buy the car I see a 09 fiesta with 85,000 miles and 1.4 diesel for €4,000 in the same city as I live too... Sickened.

Trying to make myself feel better by keep telling myself that I only do 8,000 miles a year so petrol is best choice for me but ya I'm now regretting the decision knowing I paid a €1,000 more for the petrol...nothing I can do I suppose.

https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/ford/fiesta/201810131468856

So I googled the cheaper fiesta and turns out there was a mistake as the mileage was 138,000 miles (not KM) so I feel like a good deal paying 5k for 09 fiesta with 60,000 miles... I picked her up today and she is a lovely drive so I am happy out... thanks for everyone taking time to share their thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

sarahf2k16 wrote: »
    So I googled the cheaper fiesta and turns out there was a mistake as the mileage was 138,000 miles (not KM) so I feel like a good deal paying 5k for 09 fiesta with 60,000 miles... I picked her up today and she is a lovely drive so I am happy out... thanks for everyone taking time to share their thoughts!

Congrats on the purchase. You made the right decision :)

Advertisement