Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Callum - Thursday/Friday 11/12 October 2018 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Picking up now here in Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Hows Limerick doing

Xe1lE2C.png

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

Never mind Naas not like there's much to damage there anyways, any luck that half finished shopping centre will catch a gust of wind and tear itself down

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Very windy here in Drogheda, gale force winds. My dog woke me scared stiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

Does anyone know if AES are obligated to clean up rubbish from knocked over bins because there isn't a hope of me cleaning it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Does anyone know if AES are obligated to clean up rubbish from knocked over bins because there isn't a hope of me cleaning it up

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057919045

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

spookwoman wrote: »
    Hows Limerick doing

Xe1lE2C.png

That line has been worst of it so far in Limerick city, intense heavy rain for 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭LowOdour

The sky is lighting up here in West Galway...4 big lighting flashes in the last 5 minutes. Wind picking up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Very windy here @ coastal Meath, feels stronger than current reports for area say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Not so much as a gust here in Westport. Might we get away easy like we did with Ophelia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Not so much as a gust here in Westport. Might we get away easy like we did with Ophelia?

Please read earlier posts:
    MJohnston wrote: »
    Here are approximate timings for the peaks of the worst winds, so that we can cut the "load of nothing" posts out before they start.

South-west coast: 2/3am
    Cork/South coast: 5/6am
    Midlands: 5/6am
    South-east: 6/7am
    Dublin/East Coast/Ulster: 7/8am
    Galway/Mayo: 12pm/1pm
    Donegal: 4/5pm
    Limerick: might peak twice here, first around 2am, then again around 11am/12pm.

The big gap with the west is because they're largely escaping the initial frontal winds, and getting hit more by the core winds as the storm centre passes to the west later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Things have gotten fairly wild here now, east Limerick, squall line that's crossing over us has woken us up, gusty winds and sheets of heavy rain constant.

Sounds like a proper strorm out there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Not that bad at all in Galway city. Some heavy rain but not alot of wind

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Pops_20

This just woke me up in Cork City. I thought the world was ending lol. Very intense bursts of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just got woken up in cork city. That was the heaviest bit of rain I’ve personally seen in my 18 years(Or that I remember anyway) I looked out my window and couldn’t see the car on the left of my house and the wind was very intense here still.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Bins taking a walk and raining very heavily in Kinsealy not looking forward to driving the M50 in a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

How is it in Wexford Town??? We left to come to Spanish point for a few days, i know the power is gone down at home as i saw it on ESB app.
    Just kicking off here, heavy rain and wild wind. Cant wait for morning to see what the sea will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Just off M50 at J13 wind really bad from J6 onwards no rain but v windy I would say rush hour will be a delight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

So what’s happening with this?

Not been following but my mate is flying to LA direct from Dublin at 12 mid day today

Will she be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

In work at Dublin airport. All operations back running as normal, don't imagine too much disruption from here on. Winds down to 27kts gusting straight down runway 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Callum. the storm that has everything...

woken around 4 am by the loudest winds ever dashing ditto deluges on the walls

at 5.30 am, thunder and massive lightning as I was in the more exposed kitchen making coffee...power went then came back..

This second episode of winds is far fiercer and stronger than the first. more damaging

west mayo; offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Just drove from east Galway into the city during the calm phase in the forecast. Some branches scattered around minor roads, most of these are the result of recent hedge trimming. Going home at 1pm might be a different story, now to try and concentrate at work and stay off boards.
    So different from Graces7 experience not a million miles from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Just woke up in Dublin here the odd gust of wind now nothing major

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

....now to try and concentrate at work and stay off boards....

:p

I have the same problem!

MJohnston wrote: »
    Please read earlier posts:

Originally Posted by MJohnston View Post
    Here are approximate timings for the peaks of the worst winds, so that we can cut the "load of nothing" posts out before they start.

South-west coast: 2/3am
    Cork/South coast: 5/6am
    Midlands: 5/6am
    South-east: 6/7am
    Dublin/East Coast/Ulster: 7/8am
    Galway/Mayo: 12pm/1pm
    Donegal: 4/5pm
    Limerick: might peak twice here, first around 2am, then again around 11am/12pm.

The big gap with the west is because they're largely escaping the initial frontal winds, and getting hit more by the core winds as the storm centre passes to the west later on.

True words.. we got both but the second episode is far fiercer than the first. Later than expected and roaring and ranting away still now

west mayo offshore island

Just drove from east Galway into the city during the calm phase in the forecast. Some branches scattered around minor roads, most of these are the result of recent hedge trimming. Going home at 1pm might be a different story, now to try and concentrate at work and stay off boards.
    So different from Graces7 experience not a million miles from here.

at least there will be no branches down etc... no big trees here.. emoticons not working and i got an error 500 notice?

Dear God... what is happening out there... never heard the like . sudden assault from all the elements combined,,,, shiver me timbers and shiver everything else! Like an air raid...

west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After a quite night its stormy now here in Castlebar with severe gusts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Owners responsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

Breezy morning here in Galway City. nothing like Ali. A few wheelie bins in the area knocked over overnight (I wasn't brave/mad enough to leave mine out) but no other visible damage so far.

Advertisement