Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Vanillarama II - Double the Vanilla

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

tritium wrote: »
    Yes,

what are your thoughts on it?

you retaliate to duffman saying you are a wolf by saying there was a lovely but subtle interplay between duffman and barney. I find it odd. smearing two due to omgus v duffman or you really see some kind of subtle interplay between the two but ca't show this interplay.

That one post you quote, interplay... I just dont see it!

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well you can be coy about things and I can mark you for death, or you can speak up

Thats if you believe Im the Vig

Why would I believe you were the vig?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

A wolf can have many incentives, one being to appear like they are not a wolf

Wolves dont have to look wolfy to be a wolf

Correct, but that’s the fun of this game isn’t it. You need to assess how likely a wolf is to have picked up on something and posted tactically on an unwolfy way. Like I said you take the evidence until you have more evidence

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In fairness, I wouldn't hold it against you at all. I've got a feeling that this is more of a "We've got little else to go on, so hand up someone for something minor" situation going on.

I'd be way more suspicious of people trying to paint you asking for clarification on a name as "wolfy" than actually asking for the clarification...

I sometime have issues figuring out english sentences. I am having lots of trouble figuring out the bolded. Can you explain it again, and imagine your audience is a 6 year old.

sKeith wrote: »
    you retaliate to duffman saying you are a wolf by saying there was a lovely but subtle interplay between duffman and barney. I find it odd. smearing two due to omgus v duffman or you really see some kind of subtle interplay between the two but ca't show this interplay.

That one post you quote, interplay... I just dont see it!

The interplay is what I’ve stated. I’ve also stated why duffman isn’t actually top of my list. What flaw do you see in my reasoning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Why would I believe you were the vig?

Fair enough......

But yes or no, do you believe me?

Am I a ballsey wolf, a balsey Vig or an NRV

Who knows right?

The interplay is what I’ve stated. I’ve also stated why duffman isn’t actually top of my list. What flaw do you see in my reasoning?

I would expect 'interplay' to include more than a singular post. You been asked to expand, but wont.

A lot of lower posters thus far

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I sometime have issues figuring out english sentences. I am having lots of trouble figuring out the bolded. Can you explain it again, and imagine your audience is a 6 year old.

I'd be leaning towards Barney genuinely not knowing who "Tesco" was.

I wouldn't believe, in isolation, that such a request for clarification is enough to paint him as a wolf.

I would think a wolf might try and use it to start a snowball on him.

• Advertisement

Fair enough......

But yes or no, do you believe me?

No, but don't take that as a reason to have to prove something. I was vig killed as innocent in vanillarama. I was vig killed as a power role in stephen king. Both given 0 time for me to make a case for myself.

I would expect 'interplay' to include more than a singular post. You been asked to expand, but wont.

There is no won’t, I’ve fully explained my reasoning. Up to you if you want to accept or dismiss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

It’s not the why Barney bit per se. What incentive has a wolf to ask that question? If the breadcrumbs of evidence point to more villager than wolf behaviour then the player should be retained until other, different evidence emerges- would you agree?

Your post here is the incentive Trit. If Duffman is a wolf, you're now at the point you think I'm more likely to be a wolf than he is. I'd argue that's pretty incentivising for a wolf.

I would agree that you keep people that you believe to be villagers longer than those you think to be wolves.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Your post here is the incentive Trit. If Duffman is a wolf, you're now at the point you think I'm more likely to be a wolf than he is. I'd argue that's pretty incentivising for a wolf.

I would agree that you keep people that you believe to be villagers longer than those you think to be wolves.

Do you think duffman is a wolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Do you think duffman is a wolf?

Not at the minute no. So far I think they've been throwing names out without anything behind them. Seems to me to be a villager trying to get some reactions out of people.

No, but don't take that as a reason to have to prove something. I was vig killed as innocent in vanillarama. I was vig killed as a power role in stephen king. Both given 0 time for me to make a case for myself.

Tick tock sKeith..... so make a case for yourself ASAP

Or dont since you dont believe me

There is no won’t, I’ve fully explained my reasoning. Up to you if you want to accept or dismiss it.

noun: interplay
    the way in which two or more things have an effect on each other.

synonyms:interaction, interchange, teamwork, cooperation, reciprocation, reciprocity, give and take

Why refuse to requote the interplay, and just post one post and say, thats the interplay i was talking about?

Tick tock sKeith..... so make a case for yourself ASAP

Or dont since you dont believe me

If you BJ are the vig, go ahead, shoot me. Then you won't come near my 100% record as vig ;)

If you BJ are the vig, go ahead, shoot me. Then you won't come near my 100% record as vig ;)

You can keep your record.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Quoting these for my own sake for latter. Two people posting the exact same thing (even down to the blah blah "quotation of suspect" blah blah structure) in rapid succession.

okay, i'll forgive the rapid sucession thing.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Jaysus. Can’t win. Post too much get accused of being a wolf. Don’t post, get accused of being a wolf.

I only glanced through the thread so can’t quite point fingers yet but the new guy looks suspicious. Either a “me so innocent me no understand” when he clearly does, or his wolfy buddies are coaching him.

-

On a non-game related thing - I’ll be mainly posting from my phone and I can only use that ****e interactive interface so I can’t quote properly. I’ll try bring my iPad with me where I can use the normal site. But the interactive site is a nightmare with all of the buttons and mod buttons. So apologies in advance if I mess up quotes/miss posts.
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Well this all escalated very quickly.

Gannicus, getting a "little ol me don't know what I'm doing" vibe from you. Will be watching your posts.
    Anyway, good morning folks, great to wake up and not feel sick! was a rough day yesterday lol.

So, no Jack?? but the rest of us are here though. A noob that talks like a semi-noob. Welcome G (can't remember name) enjoy the game!

but you excluded mfd, who's post is closer in time to fixxxers than sullys.

• Advertisement

You're wrong! it was sherlock, not stephen king game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I posted early because of insomnia - no clue about that other chap. After the aforementioned insomnia, I am now very tired. I have no comeback beyond “I am not a wolf”. It’s not my first time playing this game - do you really think I’d be stupid enough to have repetitive posts with another poster?! Clutching at straws against me, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Lunch time catch up time.

Awks Sulli we posted together again.

noun: interplay
    the way in which two or more things have an effect on each other.

synonyms:interaction, interchange, teamwork, cooperation, reciprocation, reciprocity, give and take

Why refuse to requote the interplay, and just post one post and say, thats the interplay i was talking about?

You’re only considering the post and not any other interaction or intent in back rooms for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

You can keep your record.

I had to change mine :(
    Youbsgooting flushy or what ?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Awks Sulli we posted together again.
    lol, now thats what rapid succession is.
    posting 2 hours later is not 'rapid sucession'. :)

I assume sullys post is to tesco, as it was him that made the rapid succession post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

okay, i'll forgive the rapid sucession thing.

but you excluded mfd, who's post is closer in time to fixxxers than sullys.

Well since they are wolves it makes sense really
    Avoid avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Can I shoot you to ptove myself?

All in favor say I

You can shoot me if you want.

I merely pointed out you couldn't kill Trit, you can't kill him cause you

A) Don't have a bullet

and

B) killing your wolfy comrade at this stage will drastically reduce your odds of winning

• Advertisement

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I had to change mine :(
    Youbsgooting flushy or what ?

We don't know that BK is the vig but you want him to shoot blindly in to the crowd. Considering the numbers it's possible a villager would be hit if you're wrong.
    Our vig would be out and need to take another almost blind shot before the wolves get him tomorrow.

It's not a great plan.

Advertisement