Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just under 2hrs until all what we already know becomes official

Will there be any surprise at all.
    What's the point in a launch if we no everything already? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Literally just a confirmation I guess unless they have something smaller in their sleeves like new headphones or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Jesus, these launch events are so cringy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I dont think theres any reason to get a 6t over the 6 that would swing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Still no stereo speakers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Any Euro prices yet?

Pacifico wrote: »
    Any Euro prices yet?

€549 €579 and €629

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/oneplus-6t?from=6t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

xtal191 wrote: »

I'll grab the 8GB and 128GB version but definitely want red this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Mr.S wrote: »
    Fingerprint scanner under the screen looks speedy

I've only seen Android Centrals review video but in that it looked noticeably slower than the Mate 20 Pro's one.

Yeah I thought it looked a little slow too but still fine. I absolutely hate the little graphic for it though, wonder if it can be turned off

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'll grab the 8GB and 128GB version but definitely want red this time.

Wait for a few months they'll release more colors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Were people able to pre order at all ? Don't understand why they don't allow pre orders now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Removing the notification led is a bizarre move to my mind. Also, there are reports that the screen needs to be woken up for the in screen fingerprint to work, thus making it slower than being able to wake and unlock in one go with a physical button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Removing the notification led is a bizarre move to my mind. Also, there are reports that the screen needs to be woken up for the in screen fingerprint to work, thus making it slower than being able to wake and unlock in one go with a physical button.

2 things.

1 - i dont use notification led anylonger with the advent of always on screen tech.
    2 - the screen needs to be bright in the section where your finger is being read. its the only way it works for in screen fingerprints.

I see no particular issue with either.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    I've only seen Android Centrals review video but in that it looked noticeably slower than the Mate 20 Pro's one.

The Mate 20 Pro also costs over €1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

listermint wrote: »
    2 things.

1 - i dont use notification led anylonger with the advent of always on screen tech.

The 6T doesn't have always on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The 6T doesn't have always on display.

Sorry im running Samsung at the moment, One Plus 3 went to the wife.

forgot it didnt have that function

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

davo2001 wrote: »
    The Mate 20 Pro also costs over €1000

Yeah that's grand and all. Just an observation Mr Pei.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

If I order at 10 am Tuesday, will I have the OP6T for Friday 9th November? I'm in Cork City...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 sokeeffe10

I'll being doing the same. I got a voucher for free priority shipping after subscribing to their newsletter on the site last week. You might be able to do the same still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

hurler97 wrote: »
    If I order at 10 am Tuesday, will I have the OP6T for Friday 9th November? I'm in Cork City...

I've ordered mine via Amazon uk, wanted a VAT invoice, would expect it to arrive by Friday 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭EletricMan

sokeeffe10 wrote: »
    I'll being doing the same. I got a voucher for free priority shipping after subscribing to their newsletter on the site last week. You might be able to do the same still.

Done this and got the code for free priority shipping too thanks.

What ye think lads?
    Mirror black or midnight black?

blade1 wrote: »
    What ye think lads?
    Mirror black or midnight black?

Wondering the same myself, thinking of mirror black.. Not sure it matters tho I never take my phone out of cases..

Anyone worried about the finger print scanner and lack of notification LED.. It looks like you need to tap the screen first to wake it for the light for the scanner to activate.. It will also make the screen very bright at night when unlocking in bed etc. As for the notification LED, I will miss it alot. I'm still on my OnePlus 2 and I find it really handy.

EletricMan wrote: »
    Wondering the same myself, thinking of mirror black.. Not sure it matters tho I never take my phone out of cases..

Anyone worried about the finger print scanner and lack of notification LED.. It looks like you need to tap the screen first to wake it for the light for the scanner to activate.. It will also make the screen very bright at night when unlocking in bed etc. As for the notification LED, I will miss it alot. I'm still on my OnePlus 2 and I find it really handy.

I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of notification light but to be honest it might be a blessing and I won't be getting distracted as easily in work :pac:

Mirror black is a finger print magnet apparently, I think I'll stick with the midnight black 8GB and get a set of the wireless bullets.

davo2001 wrote: »
    Mirror black is a finger print magnet apparently, I think I'll stick with the midnight black 8GB and get a set of the wireless bullets.

The Jaybird Freedom might be a better option for Bluetooth headphones. Down to £35 on Amazon now so a bit cheaper than the bullets.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078KNZHDD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_pfH2BbFPFM0AZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I had the the Oneplus 1 but had problems with 3g with eir. How are the phones on the eir network now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Have a one plus 2 and am upgrading. Trying to work out if the 6t is worth the extra cash over the 6 tbh. The lack of notification light is annoying but is the 6t a much better phone?

• Advertisement

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Have a one plus 2 and am upgrading. Trying to work out if the 6t is worth the extra cash over the 6 tbh. The lack of notification light is annoying but is the 6t a much better phone?

Theres not a lot between them, 6 has headphone jack and notification light, 6t has smaller notch, slightly bigger screen and battery, and finger print in the screen.

I was all set to upgrade from my 3t, I know its only something small but the lack of notification light has put me off. I dunno what to do myself to be honest if I saw the 6 for cheaper I'd prob get that or maybe wait for the S9+ to drop in price again.

I'll be upgrading from my OP3 to the 6T 8GB midnight black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

It’s a beast of a phone for its price, and that’s coming from a loyal apple user. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Does the 6T not have a headphone jack? It says an audio jack, is that different? (Useless with phones, sorry).

Would there be much of a price difference in 6 and 6T? Would it be worth it if there's very little difference?

thebuzz wrote: »
    Does the 6T not have a headphone jack?

No
    Would there be much of a price difference in 6 and 6T? Would it be worth it if there's very little difference?

The 6 is no longer available to buy on there website, but you can still get it through third parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Does the 6T not have a headphone jack? It says an audio jack, is that different? (Useless with phones, sorry).

No headphone this time around. They are supplying a type-c adapter so you'll be able to you headphones that way.

I think the price has stayed the same but you get more storage on base model compared to the 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

bazzz wrote: »
    Here's a base comparison Spec Sheet for both the 6 and 6T
    Handy for those deciding.

Not showing up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

EletricMan wrote: »
    Not showing up?

Fixed it. Sorry

Wait out for a few months if you're looking for more colors. They'll be releasing white or red version like the past 2 devices

5star02707 wrote: »
    Wait out for a few months if you're looking for more colors. They'll be releasing white or red version like the past 2 devices

Then another few months and a new phone will be out! :o
    They bring them out too quick.

xtal191 wrote: »

I thought I read something a few weeks ago about a purple one that would be only available in India or somewhere.
    Can't remember exactly :o

Ordered the 8GB / 128GB Midnight black version along with the wireless bullets and the sandstone case.

Should be a good upgrade from my Oneplus3.

• Advertisement

Just placed my order, upgrading from a OnePlus 2..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78073264&postcount=3798

Devs on XDA have already modded GCam with Night Sight for OP6/6T its night time photos are a serious improvement. Excellent work by Arnova a must download for your new 6T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭CWF

sokeeffe10 wrote: »
    Can you pass on the voucher? The site won't let me join the newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Any point in upgrading from the iPhone 7 Plus to the 6T camera wise??

Delivered by the 9th!!
    3 sleeps 'til Christmas!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement