Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Places in Longford that do MMA ?

• 07-10-2018 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi There,

I'm looking for any recommendations in any martial arts training for a beginner in their mid-20s.

Preferable in the Longford area at evening times from 7pm onwards.

Either judo, BJJ or anything really.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Are you going after the Russians?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 KingOfTheSouth

Hahaha No. It's just another thing I have always wanted to do. Wasted my opportunity to learn this sort of stuff in college.

The Russians will sort themselves out after the debacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Hi There,

I'm looking for any recommendations in any martial arts training for a beginner in their mid-20s.

Preferable in the Longford area at evening times from 7pm onwards.

Either judo, BJJ or anything really.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Fusion Training Centre in Athlone is the closest gym that does a mix of stuff.
    They do BJJ and kickboxing/striking for mma sessions. 3 or 4 sessions a week, first half of the night is BJJ, second is striking of MMA. Martin Hickey is the coach and is a John Kavanagh Purple belt who trains with Keiran Daverin regularly and has a decent amount of K1 and MMA fights under his belt. Good coach, kind of a younger crowd training there but really nice fellas and Martin is a gent. Regularly enough have the likes of Tom King over for seminars.

Other than that there's Westside Thai Boxing/Team Andre Ramos Athlone where Aaron and John McGrath run a kickboxing and BJJ school respectively. Aaron is a well experienced KB coach and competitor and John is a very good purple belt, they also have a Brazilian black belt coach running some of their sessions but his name escapes me. They had Roger Gracie over for a seminar earlier this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,970 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Try your local Junior B football club.

same difference

Advertisement