Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous

Options
  • 07-10-2018 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭

I am ridiculously annoyed beyond comprehension at the nonsensical infraction and ban I have recieved from the Politics forum.

I received a ridiculous infraction, commented on thread to say something like "enjoy your echo chamber. I'm out" (cant' get exact line due to ban) and received a ban.

I pmd the moderator involved and they have been shall we say less than helpful to say the least. Apparently my ban is for "trolling".... now I cannot see anywhere I have been trolling, all posts have been genuine and as my own opinion

Please help - as I cannot comprehend why this moderator is victimising me in this way.
    I'm afraid so. If you wish to appeal, please post a thread in the DRP forum.

I think I have explained myself and will no longer respond to PM's about this.

I'm going to take a few days away from posting here as this is causing me a lot of mental health issues (I struggle a lot with my ASD and anxiety at the best of times and this has not helped) so please excuse any delay in response from me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As you have already discussed with the moderator, I’ll ask a CMod to review. Please bear with us.

• Administrators Posts: 14,032 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Hiya ELM327, I'll look at this for you. I understand you might be off line for a while, but when you're ready can you forward me, or post here the entire PM exchange you had with the moderator. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Hi.
    Thanks for the updates folks.
    Unfortunately the mod has not included the prior replies so there is no chain in one message.
    I have copied the messages below, in newest first order. (As best I can - there's a few and apologies if I've missed or mixed the order.)

(By way of context, my seemingly odd line of questioning in that thread is to make a point, they were the same questions that were asked of Kavanaugh at the hearing)

I'm afraid so. If you wish to appeal, please post a thread in the DRP forum.

I think I have explained myself and will no longer respond to PM's about this.

ELM327 wrote:
    You got a ban for trolling the forum. As I said, you can appeal in DRP. A one-liner calling the forum an echo chamber is not serious discussion.

If other posters talked down to you, you should have used the report function.

That's ridiculous, I'm not trolling the forum.
    Are you for real?
    ELM327 wrote:
    Hi,

I'm upholding the card as I think you're well aware that talking down to posters is unacceptable. You can go to DRP if you wish to appeal.

And now a ban too?
    I am talked down to and condescended the whole time in that forum.
    WHAT WAS THE BAN FOR?? I was not threadbanned, there was nothing wrong with my subsequent comment.
    ELM327 wrote:
    Dear ELM327,

You have been infracted for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so [URL="http:////www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=335"]here[/URL].

ancapailldorcha

Your post:
    ELM327 wrote: »
    aloyisious wrote: »
    Are you saying that you accept Judge Kavanaugh lied under oath to the committee because of the questions put to him by Dem-party members of the committee. I'm not asking why the judge would do so if he had nothing to lie about and could have given honest truthful testimony as to his character and previous private life.

If your answer is that he only lied because he was annoyed at the questions put to him by the committee members, how do you rate his suitability to be a USSC associate justice? Under the US constitution the judge would have had to appear before the committee in order for it to vote on his suitability to be made a USSC Associate Justice regardless of the allegations made by Prof Ford.

Do you feel you can trust a perjurer and liar to sit on the USSC and give an honest judgement to any plaintiff stating a case before him?
    Did you mean to write that in your secondary school journal?

THAT IS JUST RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi,

I'm upholding the card as I think you're well aware that talking down to posters is unacceptable. You can go to DRP if you wish to appeal.

Thanks ELM327,

I'll take a look at it all later this evening.

Hi ELM327,

I've looked in to this and also discussed it with the relevant moderator. I have to agree, and I think you realise yourself that your original infraction was warranted. You got personal with another poster. After you were infracted you left a parting shot on the thread, for which you were banned. I think the ban was harsh in this instance, and as a result will over turn it. But, if you want to continue to participate in political discussions read the local charter and stay within the posting guidelines.

Politics is notoriously devisive, and you may not agree with some, or many on a subject. But you must respect the forum itself and the other posters.

In this instance I am over turning the ban. But unless you adhere to the forum rules, you might find yourself back here again!

I hope this is satisfactory for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Thanks for your attention.
    I appreciate the ban being overturned as I do feel it was personal to me as opposed to for anything I've actually done to warrant it.

Regarding the card I can see why it looks warranted out of context but, if I'm not mistaken, it was for this remark "Did you mean to write that in your secondary school journal?"the exact same question that was asked of Kavanaugh in the hearing (replacing secondary school for high school).

I think I'm just going to have to not post in the politics forum due to the moderation as this is not the first - shall we say - "Contentious" moderation I've received from there.

Anyway, look I appreciate that the ban has been overturned. Thanks again for your time and your unbiased review which was pleasantly refreshing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thank you all for working together. Marking this appeal as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement