Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver shaft snapped today.

Options
  • 07-10-2018 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

So I was hitting my driver today on
    the 4th tee. The shaft snapped about 6ins from the head.

Tough sh1t I presume?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    So I was hitting my driver today on
    the 4th tee. The shaft snapped about 6ins from the head.

Tough sh1t I presume?

Was it a regular contact or did you hit the ground or anything?

What make and how old?

If you bought it from McGuirks or the like I'd bring it back and they will probably do something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Email the manufacturer,

I had a putter replace with a brand new one from Odyssey after the face started to come away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

What driver is is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Depends how old it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

The driver is a 2016 M2. The shaft was a aldila rogue 60 S. I bought the shaft it last year.

Hit was just a normal tee shot. The drive went straight with normal distance. It felt like it snapped straight after impact/on my follow through.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The driver is a 2016 M2. The shaft was a aldila rogue 60 S. I bought the shaft it last year.

Hit was just a normal tee shot. The drive went straight with normal distance. It felt like it snapped straight after impact/on my follow through.

I'd bring it back so, thats too new to be breaking.

The problem now that I have is, I went into the golf shop on Friday looking for the M2 (2017 version) which he didn’t have.

It looks a bit strange now going it looking for a shaft a few days later.

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Email the manufacturer,

I had a putter replace with a brand new one from Odyssey after the face started to come away.

I might try that this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Gui Insurance will cover this too. Think there is a €50 excess aprox. Not worth it for a cheap shaft but possibly for a pricey graphite one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ronney wrote: »
    Gui Insurance will cover this too. Think there is a €50 excess aprox. Not worth it for a cheap shaft but possibly for a pricey graphite one

now you tell me :rolleyes:
    I had a broken shaft earlier this year :(

Are you sure about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Are you sure about that?

Yea claimed for 3 shafts a few year back as my bag suffered a small accident

Yea claimed for 3 shafts a few year back as my bag suffered a small accident

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

Sometimes its cheaper to but the full club again on Ebay than buying and fitting a shaft.

GUI insurance is now with AIG. Rang them today & they said they only cover stuff if it’s stolen from your car.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

GUI insurance is now with AIG. Rang them today & they said they only cover stuff if it’s stolen from your car.

I know that AIG Car Insurance is limited to golf gear stolen from a locked boot (policy exclusive to GUI members).
    It might be worth checking again as the GUI Golf Insurance is a completely different policy...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

I'd be interested in the head if you go to sell it. Send me a pm if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stannis12

Same thing happened to me with a TM M2 (Hzrdus black shaft). I brought it back to McGuirks who sent it to Taylor Made in the UK. TM replaced the shaft and I had it back within 10 working days - no charge.

stannis12 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me with a TM M2 (Hzrdus black shaft). I brought it back to McGuirks who sent it to Taylor Made in the UK. TM replaced the shaft and I had it back within 10 working days - no charge.

I only have one half of the shaft. The grip it. It snapped about 6ins from the head. Do you think that would matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 stannis12

The exact same thing happened to me. The shaft snapped about 3/4 down the shaft at impact. I didn't duff it or anything. The Ball went right and club head went 30 yards left. Provided you still have the head and the grip end you should be okay. I filled in a docket in McGuirks with a brief description of what happened and the shaft and head were sent to TM in the UK. The driver with the exact same HZRDUS replacement shaft was back within a fortnight. Lads in McGuirks in Airside were very obliging.

GUI insurance has always been with AIG for as long as I can remember

I got my shaft from fore golf.
    As it happens a 2017 M2.

when my shaft broke (while in my golf bag in the car boot) .... they shafted me :(

sounds like McGuirks are doing a good job with the customer service

I emailed taylormade there. I’ll see what they say. I’ll bring it back to where I bought it at the weekend.

Advertisement