Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were that man...

• 07-10-2018 5:17pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The dreaded warning light flashed up on my car at around 12.00 today. I pulled in somewhere close to the turn-off for the Crescent to check it out. Now, I don't walk so well and have a blue badge, but this man was behind me so didn't know. But he did still stop and see if all was ok and checked that I didn't need his help. If you are reading this, thanks so much and if it WAS'NT you- male or female, think about it next time out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I had an issue with my car not so long ago, I needed a push, within a minute I had 4 different guys all jump out of their cars to help me, all hung around to make sure I organised a lift, mechanic etc...I think it is one of Irish people's most pleasant attributes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The dreaded warning light flashed up on my car at around 12.00 today. I pulled in somewhere close to the turn-off for the Crescent to check it out. Now, I don't walk so well and have a blue badge, but this man was behind me so didn't know. But he did still stop and see if all was ok and checked that I didn't need his help. If you are reading this, thanks so much and if it WAS'NT you- male or female, think about it next time out.

Ref: your 'if it WAS'NT you' comment -
    In country areas I understand but in a city are you expecting drivers to pull over alongside every car they see pulled over in order to investigate? I don't think I'd take people to task on those terms.
    Glad you got sorted though.

Advertisement