Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 PDC World Darts Championship (inc. schedule of play in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Paudee wrote: »
    I'm in no way condoning his actions but a small bit of empathy wouldn't go amiss lads.

ah come off it

hes won 2 majors recently
    10 week old son
    married
    life is good for wade now

he ****ed up tonight , no point blame something else on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

There's no need to be so disingenuous, as you well know the man has long standing and well publicised mental health issues.

You are now making the assumptions.

What I saw was a lack of empathy by wade to his opponent.

Wades won two big tournaments recent and didn’t act the dick.

He needs to come out and apologize.

Issues or not that was unacceptable

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 16,301 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Done it for your country x 2. It's not Pearl Harbour James

BTWEm9WCIAAzmkt.png

It's the Japanese he's after!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

At a guess I’d say it’s safe to say he voted for Brexit...

TbL
    He always has a European flag on the back of his shirt.

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    He always has a European flag on the back of his shirt.

I could have sworn in the recent past it was the Union Jack?

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭maximus15

sc86 wrote: »
    ah come off it

hes won 2 majors recently
    10 week old son
    married
    life is good for wade now

he ****ed up tonight , no point blame something else on it
    He absolutely should apologize when he sees that again but it's very fickle saying all his gud cos it looks like everything is going his way currently. Mental health issues can arise at any time .
    Anyways on a positive it is refreshing to see so much Irish interest with a week of tournament already over .

Wades really gone down in my estimation, got out of jail there and pretty disrespectful to his opponent throughout

TbL
    NDWC wrote: »
    Same, I've always quite liked him.

Can't wait for him to get smashed by MvG in the QF

Dare I say you would love it if MVG beat him. LOVE IT!

Dare I say you would love it if MVG beat him. LOVE IT!

Eh, you’ve kinda lost me...

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Bizarre interview. He has just on up on the prick scale and not in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I wanted to hurt him, I wanted to really hurt him in his face

• Advertisement

maximus15 wrote: »
    He absolutely should apologize when he sees that again but it's very fickle saying all his gud cos it looks like everything is going his way currently. Mental health issues can arise at any time .
    Anyways on a positive it is refreshing to see so much Irish interest with a week of tournament already over .

Yep and Willie had the highest average of the evening I think with a shade over 98

TbL

I could have sworn in the recent past it was the Union Jack?

TbL
    He has a car registration plate like this on the back of his shirt, except with GB instead of IRL and, "James Wade" instead of, em, "Irish Number Plates". :)

irishnumberplates_logo02.png

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    He has a car registration plate like this on the back of his shirt, except with GB instead of IRL and, "James Wade" instead of, em, "Irish Number Plates". :)

irishnumberplates_logo02.png

Tnx.

Yes, I knew he had that in the past, but I thought he’d changed the euro flag for the Union Jack?

Maybe I’m wrong can you remember what he had on tonight?

TbL

Eh, you’ve kinda lost me...

TbL

Reference to a famous rant in another sport:
    I've kept really quiet but I'll tell you something, he went down in my estimations when he said that. We have not resorted to that. You can tell him now, we're still fighting for this title and he's got to go to Middlesbrough and get something.

And I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it.

Kevin-Keegan.jpg

Reference to a famous rant in another sport:

Kevin-Keegan.jpg

:)

The 6 degrees of separation game :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

TbL

About the same size as your little f.........

You should be used to this!!!!

TbL

Sorry whenever I come across the phrase "went down in my estimation" I hear Keegan's voice in my ears.:P

Tnx.

Yes, I knew he had that in the past, but I thought he’d changed the euro flag for the Union Jack?

Maybe I’m wrong can you remember what he had on tonight?

TbL

European flag like above.

Maybe he wants to win the tournament so he can call for a second referendum. :D

TbL
    (Kevin) Keegan (Newcastle) Brown (Ale)

He usually hits a 95/96 average.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I'm in no way condoning his actions but a small bit of empathy wouldn't go amiss lads.
    There's no need to be so disingenuous, as you well know the man has long standing and well publicised mental health issues.

Give over will ya.

Christ anyone mentions the words mental health these days and it all absolves all wrong doing for ever more.

He was a dickhead tonight. End of story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

https://youtu.be/XYE0dmhu738

No idea if this is anything to try and explain Wades interview tonight, Seigo, after being asked about playing Wade next and jokingly saying "You're facing Asian power next"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I have a lot of empathy...... for Asada

• Registered Users Posts: 38,234 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Doubt we will see Wade act like that again

Would love to see him act like that vs Price/Anderson/Gurney etc, they would soften his cough very quickly

Still acted like a prick tonight and should feel ashamed

Irish doing very well which is good to see. Whitlock when he's bad is bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I know people with mental health issues but they don't shout in my face like that.

Should be booted out of it, but probably won't.

What was he banned for before would anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

mdwexford wrote: »
    Give over will ya.

Christ anyone mentions the words mental health these days and it all absolves all wrong doing for ever more.

He was a dickhead tonight. End of story.

So true. You never see wade do that. He didn't even celebrate his last 2 tournament wins like that. Even when he celebrated he looked uncomfortable. I myself even felt uncomfortable watching him celebrate after each leg. As for shouting in an opponents face who was minding his own business is not on at all. Would he shout in another other player face I doubt it. I did it for my son and my country. What a load of horse sh1t. It the 2nd round of the world championships. I reckon he will be boo the next time he takes the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Now when Wade goes up on stage again, the crowd will be against him and as usual with James Wade, when the crowd is against him, he'll crumble. He was lucky that the crowd last night were too drunk and disinterested to be paying attention to what he was doing.

After all he has done over the last few months and he fecks his world championship hopes away by being a dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Just looking at the incident. I reckon Roy Keane gave him a motivational speech and he had a spoonful of gunpowder before he went out.You'd swear though that Wade had headbutted him from reading posts here. He looked like a man with a lot of rage, he'll get a fine and a warning for his behaviour and well deserved. At least we had a bit of drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Asada deserves so much respect for offering his hand to Wade at the end and bowing to the crowd,the bigger man by far.
    If you behaved like Wade did in pub league darts you'd get a slap!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Just looking at the incident. I reckon Roy Keane gave him a motivational speech and he had a spoonful of gunpowder before he went out.You'd swear though that Wade had headbutted him from reading posts here. He looked like a man with a lot of rage, he'll get a fine and a warning for his behaviour and well deserved. At least we had a bit of drama.

It wasnt just the shouting in his face. Every leg he won in each set he would walk to get his darts then decided I'm meant to celebrate then do a centre back scoring a goal celebration. It was just awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    It wasnt just the shouting in his face. Every leg he won in each set he would walk to get his darts then decided I'm meant to celebrate then do a centre back scoring a goal celebration. It was just awkward.

It did look a bit silly. Looks like he's been reading Gerwyn Price's new book 'How to win at darts by being a prize knob' available in all good bookstores.

As Selwyn said above, in a pub you'd get a dig for that nonsense.

Advertisement