Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 PDC World Darts Championship (inc. schedule of play in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I’ve never been a fan of Wade. His forced charisma is probably the main reason for that. I still respected him for what he’s done in darts but that’s gone now too, that interview was the pits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

hopefully he was just pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Think the PDC need to get a grip on some of the bull**** going on during matches.

I like a good fist pump and some manly/womanly power but not interfering with the opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

when you watch the match its obvious wade was feeling the pressure on the stage and was letting it out very badly and you see a lot of darts players do it then rain it in in the post match interview when the adrenaline wears off but wade seem to ramp it up even more , not good and not nice , quite nasty comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

On the Sky Sports interview :

"If I knew he was gonna be that good, I would have prepared ... differently"

Does this mean Wade allows himself to get drunker ahead of games he perceives to be easier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users Posts: 36,255 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that shít he pulled has very little to do with mental health. that's just plain being a xenophobic díckhead.

if his mental health issues are so severe that he's píssed drunk, high on medication or whatever, and acting like that, then he shouldn't be competing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

ebbsy wrote: »
    Think the PDC need to get a grip on some of the bull**** going on during matches.

I like a good fist pump and some manly/womanly power but not interfering with the opponent.

Totally agree with this.

Celebrating mvg style can be annoying to some people but it doesn’t interfere with opponents.

This getting in people’s face aggressively needs to be stamped out. It’s darts not boxing or rugby. Intimidation like that is out of order.

Price definitely the main culprit. Prize twat.

Good to see Wade apologize at least. Wonder was that his own doing or damage control by someone in his ear.

i'm surprised how little the referees do on the stage in relation to these incidents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

He behaved like an asshole, and not sure that's out of character or is covered by the mental health defence. It may be that he is just an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

mdwexford wrote: »
    Totally agree with this.

Celebrating mvg style can be annoying to some people but it doesn’t interfere with opponents.

This getting in people’s face aggressively needs to be stamped out. It’s darts not boxing or rugby. Intimidation like that is out of order.

Price definitely the main culprit. Prize twat.

Good to see Wade apologize at least. Wonder was that his own doing or damage control by someone in his ear.

It disgraceful. It goes without saying that darts is a game of incredibly fine margins. That sort of emotional involvement could make such a big difference to their throw.

Fair enough if you want to celebrate personally, and as emotional as you like. You shouldn't be allowed to interfere with your opponent in any way. Play your own way, celebrate your own way, don't interact with your opponent. Its one step down from speaking while they're throwing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

This may seem harsh but something about that apology doesn't sit right with me. If he'd had an episode before he went on stage then why did he compete? More importantly why did he do an interview afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

NDWC wrote: »
    This may seem harsh but something about that apology doesn't sit right with me. If he'd had an episode before he went on stage then why did he compete? More importantly why did he do an interview afterwards?

No expert, but presumably he played on because it was (according to him) a 'hypo-manic' episode rather than a depressive one.
    A hypo-manic episode means he'd probably have been happy to play 5 matches and do a dozen similar interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,255 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

NDWC wrote: »

it's not harsh.

Wade had plenty of time to calm down, gather his thoughts and say something sensible after the fact. he didn't. he doubled down.

the mental health defence, while there's no doubt he suffers from it, is not an excuse in this instance. it may be in the moment, but not in a calm interview when he's had time to gather himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's not harsh.

Wade had plenty of time to calm down, gather his thoughts and say something sensible after the fact. he didn't. he doubled down.

the mental health defence, while there's no doubt he suffers from it, is not an excuse in this instance. it may be in the moment, but not in a calm interview when he's had time to gather himself.

School yard bully tactics. Pick on the guy who doesn't speak English with the jam jar glasses. Why the referee didn't step in and tell him cut it out is beyond me. If he did step in it could of acted negatively on wade then it would of made the game a bit more fair and wade would of know he is been a dick and we might of got a different interview afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    School yard bully tactics. Pick on the guy who doesn't speak English with the jam jar glasses.

I wonder which of these sporting James's is bigger in Japan:
    TELEMMGLPICT000126237283_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqXw_q8sP29F1hRGB6m7SSNffUWwcMnKWPu3WaWPvcxFA.jpeg?imwidth=450
    001135a7-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lennon 1 up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Level now, looks live a very even match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'm not a fan of using his illness to sort of justify what he did,what he was saying after,bizzare, it's not fair to his opponent who.may react,be put off by it,it's a advantage to Wade .. he should forfeit any prize money to asada after the tournament Imo.

Did anyone hear James has a son now ..

Did anyone not hear at this stage ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Come on Lennon

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What a checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Brilliant from Lennon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

KevIRL wrote: »
    What a checkout

Can’t watch, what’s happening?

How’s he playing

TbL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Two darts to win it. Could cost Lennon

Hope Lennon chance is not gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Can’t watch, what’s happening?

How’s he playing

TbL

Right handed.

Strong on his throw but poor against it. Same goes for Norris.
    Could do to 5-5 and a last leg shoot out.

Here we go sudden death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Ah f*ck it anyway

Advertisement