Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 PDC World Darts Championship (inc. schedule of play in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Fook, didn't see that coming
    Fair play to young Humphries hopefully gives Smith a run for his money..

Could we have Dolan/Aspinall or Humphries in the final ??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Humphries, Smith, Dolan or Aspinall to be in the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,817 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fair play to rob cross who unlike James wade earlier was gracious in defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Snipe23

What a great match well done Luke humphries, cross is a gent took his beating like a man true pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Only 4 seeds remaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

The more I saw of Cross the last 12 months the more I liked him, seemed down to earth and a genuinely decent bloke.

Hope he comes back strong in 2019

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Off he goes now to wire up the new gaff, top man !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Top class from Cross in the post match interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭blackcard

To be honest, I took a dislike to Cross as I thought he played with a smirk on his face. But I was wrong and he showed class in defeat

Rob Cross, what a gent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Cross is a proper gent and will forever hold a special place in my heart for socking it to Phil Taylor last year on what was supposed to be his farewell victory lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Cross has always come across as a proper, decent lad. I don’t know where people get the dislike from, only ever see it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

The more I saw of Cross the last 12 months the more I liked him, seemed down to earth and a genuinely decent bloke.

Hope he comes back strong in 2019

TbL

100% very humble in defeat and very appreciative of his opponent,class act

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Tough luck on Peterson today. He won 16 legs,more than anyone else of the 12 players in action,led 2-0 in sets and 8-1 in legs and put 3 on wire of x12 for 3-0. Humphries won 12-5 in the last 17 legs after gifting Cross the 2nd set:eek: Enjoying this year more than some others. The new lads have given it a lift and glad it didn't turn into a premier league type shootout of the top 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭munster87

hawkwing wrote: »
    Tough luck on Peterson today. He won 16 legs,more than anyone else of the 12 players in action,led 2-0 in sets and 8-1 in legs and put 3 on wire of x12 for 3-0. Humphries won 12-5 in the last 17 legs after gifting Cross the 2nd set:eek: Enjoying this year more than some others. The new lads have given it a lift and glad it didn't turn into a premier league type shootout of the top 8.

Think he only missed 2 shots at double in those first 2 sets, some going. Petersen that is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Humphries played fantastic and deserved his win. To do that at 23 is crazy.

Cross put up a great defence of his title after a pig of a year. Showed a lot of class coming out for that interview when he must have been crushed inside. No way Taylor or Anderson would have done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

There gona have to fire 1 of these nobodies into the premier league now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sc86 wrote: »
    There gona have to fire 1 of these nobodies into the premier league now

Nobodies, they have upstaged a lot of ranked players along the way, great to see young blood making a name for themselves this year with only 4 or 5 players in the top 32 that are 28 or younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Brendan Dolan v Mensor Suljovic in the Premier League. Yes!!

Honesty though I really couldn't give a **** about the PL, The world championship seems to be a mere qualifier for the unranked exhibition tour the last few years . that's all people talk about

Brendan Dolan v Mensor Suljovic in the Premier League. Yes!!

Honesty though I really couldn't give a **** about the PL, The world championship seems to be a mere qualifier for the unranked exhibition tour the last few years . that's all people talk about

The PL is a dull overrated exhibition tired novelty event

Never bother with it myself

TbL

• Advertisement

Premier League is a load of exhibition ****e.

Worlds.
    Matchplay.
    Grand Slam.
    Grand Prix.

They are the 4 majors.

mdwexford wrote: »

Worlds.
    Matchplay.
    Grand Slam.
    Grand Prix.

They are the 4 majors.

Myself and mdwexford will be in the front row seats :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,380 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

mdwexford wrote: »

Worlds.
    Matchplay.
    Grand Slam.
    Grand Prix.

They are the 4 majors.

We agree on the Premier League, but I think the UK Open, Players Championship and European Championship all have cases to be considered 'majors'. As much of a case as the Grand Prix anyway.

WORLD championship
    WORLD Grand Prix
    WORLD Matchplay
    More recently the Grand Slam since its a ranking event now. These are week long tournaments with massive prize money.

The UK open an all the other weekend events are just ranking TV events.

We agree on the Premier League, but I think the UK Open, Players Championship and European Championship all have cases to be considered 'majors'. As much of a case as the Grand Prix anyway.

They are all quality events to win.

Personally I’d put the Grand Prix ahead of them.

And I wish our tournament wasn’t double start as much as I enjoy something different.

Wasn’t the UK Open this year a major disaster :)

TbL

Had to look it up AJ

2018 Prize Money

Worlds - 400k
    Matchplay - 115k
    Grand Slam - 110k
    Grand Prix - 100k

UK - 70k
    Players - 100k
    Euros - 100k

Thought my four would be clear on prize money to be honest but I still think the Grand Prix is rated higher surely....

WORLD championship
    WORLD Grand Prix
    WORLD Matchplay
    More recently the Grand Slam since its a ranking event now. These are week long tournaments with massive prize money.

The UK open an all the other weekend events are just ranking TV events.

but at least they are ranking

Barry Hearn says every ranking TV tournament is a major which is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Barry Hearn says every ranking TV tournament is a major which is ridiculous.

Hearns are cockwombles.

Ruining snooker and boxing.

Advertisement