Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 PDC World Darts Championship (inc. schedule of play in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Ha! Never so delighted to be wrong !!

Fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

mdwexford wrote: »
    Be very surprised if Joyce gets a set here.

Colour me shocked :eek:

Is there anywhere that gives you a blow-by-blow account of the scoring in each leg?

Live darts data.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Is there anywhere that gives you a blow-by-blow account of the scoring in each leg?

http://live.dartsdata.com

Holy sweet Jesus what's going on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Classic underdog story. Not a hope to win before the start, nothing to lose either. Joyce is starting to enjoy this :)

Pressure is on Van Gerwen...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭shockframe

Brilliant doubling from Joyce. Should be comfortable for MVG but Ryan doing alright.

Joyce (if) wins this set, the winning going on Michael to win 5-2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And he can handle the pressure :)

I had 30e on Joyce to win the set (@9/5) and it's making me out not to be crazy sooooo...

I'm putting the winnings on a 9 darter in the match @25/1 :D

• Advertisement

Who likes an Anderson-Smith final, watching this?.....

Not me, think we'll have an mvg-smith final .... And...... Smith to win it... Michael Smith, world champion!!!.

Well done Ryan Joyce, great showing in the world championship, he should be happy with himself!.

4 whoopings today.

The big one tomorrow will be epic though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Van Gerwen will probably spend another 2 hours in the practice room now after this. He won't be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Van gerwen match tonight was the worst 180 run rate of the tournament at 4.16 legs per 180. Interestingly MVG has 19 180's so far this year, 29 less than last year's 48.

Total Legs (180 exp. Below) Total Sets (180 Exp Below) Legs per set
    Whitewashes 1777 426 4.22604
    180 Total 828 838
    Full Distance 1895 442 4.22604
    180 Total 882 870
    Mid-Point 1836 434 4.22604
    180 Total 855 854

Best case scenarios is 882 as it stands. Good run while it lasted; barring the miracle of two 30 max semis and a 40 max final!! Currently at 801 (middling 887 at Sporting Index, Sell 873 Buy 881). So close I couldn't even justify a sell. Calling it quits and will enjoy the spectacle.

C'mon Michael Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭bassy

call it fella,s call it im going anderson to beat mvg and im going anderson to win the title,smith v aspinall im going smith but would not surprise me one bit if smith threw up he,s best chance yet of reaching a world final.
    either way there,s no way i see smith or aspinall winning a world title,even though ive 20 euros on smith at 14/1 i done him as a value bet and not having to put on much to win a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Mvg all the way. Even though I like Anderson I don't think has has it in him to beat mvg right now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm over in London for the semi finals and final. Play nice while I'm away lads!

Can't wait for Ando v Mcg. If Ando isn't injured then he wins it for me. He's more consistent over set play than MvG who is unplayable at time but off the boil at others.

Smith beats Aspinal 6-2.

Over the best of 11 it's real hard to call - I give MvG the edge, gonna be some game

I'd like to see Aspinall win, although Smith would probably perform better in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 16,326 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

bassy wrote: »
    call it fella,s call it im going anderson to beat mvg and im going anderson to win the title,smith v aspinall im going smith but would not surprise me one bit if smith threw up he,s best chance yet of reaching a world final.
    either way there,s no way i see smith or aspinall winning a world title,even though ive 20 euros on smith at 14/1 i done him as a value bet and not having to put on much to win a few quid.

qqbz3q.gif

Given how erratic Anderson has been this tournament, I reckon Smith on a good day is well capable of beating him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I reckon MVG is due to give Anderson a bit of a hammering and goes on to beat Smith in the final

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭tanko

Is Anderson v MVG on first tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

tanko wrote: »
    Is Anderson v MVG on first tonight?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You never put the main event on first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Think mvg is at his best when someone puts it up to him and Anderson will deffo do that. Think it could go either way. Hard to back against mvg though.

Think Anderson will beat Van Gerwen tonight.

Hard to see Smith not winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

MvG has been tournament favourite the last 4 or 5 years and only won twice.
    I wouldn't have much confidence in backing him tonight against Anderson. Not saying I don't
    think he can win but he's lost before a few times at the worlds when most of us thought he was invincible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭tanko

Rikand wrote: »
    You never put the main event on first :)

I thought that might be the case, just wanted to be sure.
    If both games go the distance, what time approximately would the second be over at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

tanko wrote: »
    I thought that might be the case, just wanted to be sure.
    If both games go the distance, what time approximately would the second be over at?

About 11pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd love to see Ando winning the title again but could see him losing and whinging to his heart's content post-match.

Advertisement