Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vandalism of historic trees Carton Avenue Maynooth

Options
  • 07-10-2018 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed over the last few days that some historic trees, apparently over 100 years old, have been allegedly illegally cut down and illegal footpaths put down from a new estate on to Carton Avenue.

Does anybody know if a complaint had been made to AGS to ensure a prosecution ensues from this disgusting anti-social activity?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

You should get a job writing clickbait headlines for the dailymail

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It’s all over every Maynooth notice board/page on Facebook if you’re looking for details, what has been done so far etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Noticed over the last few days that some historic trees, apparently over 100 years old, have been allegedly illegally cut down and illegal footpaths put down from a new estate on to Carton Avenue.

Does anybody know if a complaint had been made to AGS to ensure a prosecution ensues from this disgusting anti-social activity?

You say the trees have been "allegedly illegally cut down" - have you been able clarify if it was indeed an illegal act before you make a complaint to AGS? I'm assuming you will be making a complaint rather than assuming someone else will do it.

If you find the planning permission on the KCC website, it should mention if permission was given to cut the aforementioned trees. That would be a good start anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

nothing illegal about the footpaths anyway, they were given permission to be built long ago, so as highdef mentions above, you should probably do some research before heading down to AGS with a fairly silly claim. start with the Kildare-Maynooth LAP 2013-2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Zebra3 wrote: »

Why don't you make a complaint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

I got confused by that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Have AGS a forum on here I can post in.... I feel really strongly about this, not enough to walk down to the station... but enough to post online.

Advertisement