Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying secondhand oil heating equipment?

• 07-10-2018 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Absolutely drove mad here too with wood pellet boiler. Always something wrong with it. Now the auger has stopped rotating and there's 2+ tonnes of pellets sitting on it in the tank so I can't get to it to loosen it up.

Should have switched to oil last year but held off thinking it would be fine another year.

Same, looking for advise - secondhand oil burner and boiler or just buy new?

Secondhand tank about €100 for 1000litres?

Boiler price?
    Burner?
    Installation fee?

Just want to find out going rates.

Thanks.

MOD NOTE: I am moving this from Gerkros wood pellet thread, because it's really about something else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

my golden rule re buying sh see it working before even considering to purchase

as for sh tank no way jose

then the consideration of getting somebody to fit the above for you not all lads will undertake such a job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

€1k all in, you'll pick up the burner, boiler, tank for about €500, just be on the look for one where the sellers moved away from oil and not just getting rid of dirt.

Bout 10 years ago when I was working in the building the wood pellet burners were all the rage.
    I'm sure there was a grant or something.
    Are they still a thing or are they dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

I bought a second hand burnerr off done deal 4/5years ago e160 iirc. Had no bother with it since. Yer man was taking them out of council houses that were changing to gas n was serviced on the button each year . It had some tiger loop? On it that is handy when the oil runs out u don't have to bleed it. E100 for a tank, sod that got mine for free on the freebies section!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

https://www.donedeal.ie/heating-for-sale/oil-boiler/20000007

There's a fresh looking one for e250, spoil him give him 200!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭crawlb4uwalk

enricoh wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/heating-for-sale/oil-boiler/20000007

There's a fresh looking one for e250, spoil him give him 200!

Looks lovely , I'll need a 90/90 though 😞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hardware place on the border here has loads of the RHI ones with oil tanks. Got one of them and it has worked fine for over a year. Can PM their details if any good. No connection other than being a customer.

Advertisement