Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet dead

Options
  • 07-10-2018 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

Broadband went wobbly yesterday with our old trusty Netopia router diverting to 192.168.1.254 when I tried to connect.

Connected up the Zyxel replacement router which worked intermittently, last night and today.

Now the internet is completely down. There’s a solid DSL light on the Zyxel but nothing on the WiFi or Internet lights.

Can I DM someone our home phone number in order for a test to be done?

While I’m at it, is there a way to switch to broadband only as we never ever use the landline - it’s not even plugged in.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 picklegruber

Now have signal but connection drops in and out. Using a Zyxel router which from everything I read online seems to have this issue in general. We also got sent a huawei router but I think this is designed for fiber as it doesn’t work with our connection. Is it possible to get a replacement Netopia router?
    Hi

Broadband went wobbly yesterday with our old trusty Netopia router diverting to 192.168.1.254 when I tried to connect.

Connected up the Zyxel replacement router which worked intermittently, last night and today.

Now the internet is completely down. There’s a solid DSL light on the Zyxel but nothing on the WiFi or Internet lights.

While I’m at it, is there a way to switch to broadband only as we never ever use the landline - it’s not even plugged in.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi

Thanks.
    Hi picklegruber, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service. 

The best people to report this to is our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll troubleshoot with you to identify the issue. They can also issue a new modem if required. 

In relation to changing your plan to a broadband only plan our customer care team via 1901 can arrange this and advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement