Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Young farmer

• 07-10-2018 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

So I am finished my green cert (level 6) and seeing as I won’t be taking over the family farm for quite a while I was thinking of renting a bit of land. Just a bit of mountain/rough grazing and keeping a shot of sheep. What would I be entitled to in the line of schemes and grants as a young farmer? Finding it very hard to find info on line. Can I draw single farm payment and disadvantage area payment on rented ground?
    Thanks ðŸ˜႒

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭kk.man

I am confused or maybe out of touch..you are doing your green cert and know little about grants? Thought there be at least a section of the course dedicated to it or at worst advice from tutors....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerry man

kk.man wrote: »
    I am confused or maybe out of touch..you are doing your green cert and know little about grants? Thought there be at least a section of the course dedicated to it or at worst advice from tutors....

Nope, we’ve been told nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭DJ98

Kerry man wrote: »
    Nope, we’ve been told nothing. Very badly run course

Where did you do the course, if you don't mind me asking

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Doing the green cert part-time in Kildalton and while "schemes" are covered, I'd be surprised if we cover specifics of different grants beyond basics of being under 40, having green cert, etc.

Probably a good idea to ask some of the tutors alright.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

So I am finished my green cert (level 6) and seeing as I won’t be taking over the family farm for quite a while I was thinking of renting a bit of land. Just a bit of mountain/rough grazing and keeping a shot of sheep. What would I be entitled to in the line of schemes and grants as a young farmer? Finding it very hard to find info on line. Can I draw single farm payment and disadvantage area payment on rented ground?
    Thanks ðŸ˜႒

Yes you can claim ANC on rented ground. To get bps payment on any land rented or owned you will need to either lease or buy entitlements however in your case if you should open your herdnumber in Jan 2019 and be aiming for a National Reserve / young farmers scheme entry date 2019.

You get 5 years YFS and if you get herdnumber before Xmas you will lose 1 year of that . It’s 68.46 a hectare up to a maximum of 50 ha.

NR is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get entitlements so go big or go home, if your dad farms 30 hectares and has low value entitlements or for example only 15 no. Entitlements he should lease the 15 ha to you as whatever land you get in on your Bps/NR/YFS you will get entitlements worth E250 -E260 to keep .

Go to an advisor, depending on circumstances it may be an option for you to go into a partnership with your dad,

Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

couple of questions:
    if you go over 40 years old during the 5 years, do you still get the 5 years of top up, ie you first claim at 38 yrs old?

and
    if you applied in 2018 and got accepted, but the entitlemnet were transfered in a will in 2016 am I able to claim the 2016 and 2017 years yfs?

thanks.
    missed them on the phone this evening but will be trying them again in the morning to see what i can c c c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Asking in farming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭148multi

Nope, we’ve been told nothing.

They obviously want you to grow mushrooms

Advertisement