Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubeless Plugs

Options
  • 08-10-2018 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Bought

https://www.evanscycles.com/innovations-tubeless-tyre-repair-kit-EV150146

a while back. Need to use them yesterday and couldn't for the life of me pull the plastic apart to get a plug out. When I pulled hard the plug was splitting down the middle as it was stuck fast to the plastic, see attached image

Anybody had similar problems ?

Anybody had links to plugs without such usage problems ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Its a faulty item.

Anchovies should be sticky but firm, otherwise you won't be able to push them in the tear/hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

think they dry out so need to be kept sealed. Can get them cheap enough form Ebay/Aliexpress from China if you aren't in a rush

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

How do you keep them from drying out ? I have them in a zip lock bag (which probably isn't airtight) as shown in the attached image which is then in the saddle bag or jersey pocket.

I'd be hoping to only get a very occasional puncture so would expect something like this to work a year on from purchase. Any ideas ?

I bought this kit middle of May this year BTW

I don't think they're dried out, but rather decomposed for some reason. I keep mine in the saddle bag and they're like new after a year...

• Advertisement

Alek wrote: »
    I don't think they're dried out, but rather decomposed for some reason. I keep mine in the saddle bag and they're like new after a year...

Are yours the ones from Innovation Alek ?

And when you've used one before have you just pulled back the cellulose and peeled it off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

They should be tacky when you take them out, i think that tackiness dries/sets to help the seal, think i've head it on youtube or read it somewhere that they dry out. Should last a bit longer than 4 months though.

Are yours the ones from Innovation Alek ?

Don't remember frankly. I carry them without the original packaging.
    And when you've used one before have you just pulled back the cellulose and peeled it off ?

Yup.

Thud wrote: »
    They should be tacky when you take them out, i think that tackiness dries/sets to help the seal, think i've head it on youtube or read it somewhere that they dry out. Should last a bit longer than 4 months though.

Sounds like the type of thing you should buy every time you change sealant

Advertisement