Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones on Aer Lingus flights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭GiantPencil

Regular headphones that would plug into an ipod work on any transatlantic flights I've been on anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks -
    My last long haul was to Dubai with Emirates and you needed the adapter.
    Having said that, the headphones that Emirates provided were actually pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Hi,
    Flying EI105 (A330-300?) to New York next week with the family.
    Can you use your own headphones for the entertainment system or do you need to have an adapter?

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Aeroplane-Airline-Airplane-Headphone-Adapter-3-5mm-Jack-Plug/152729336543?hash=item238f60badf:g:UpQAAOSwuNxZ1Mu7

I don't want to use their headphones as they are usually poor quality.

If memory serves me correctly you'll need an adapter. Aer Lingus use headphones with a left and right channel 3.5mm jack for each so you'd need an adapter to to use your own headphones. I always travel with a few adapters just to be safe.

You can buy usually buy adapters in the airport but expect to pay a premium for it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The last time I flew on AL to the States I didn't need an adapter but on a previous trip around 2015 I did. So maybe it depends on whether you're on a newer plane or older one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

Deals sell an adapter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

It can depend on the exact plane you get and there's really no way to say for sure, as planes can be swapped around between routes regularly. An adapter only costs a buck or two, no reason not to bring one along just in case.

I flew with Aer Lingus to LAX from Dublin and back from JFL to Dublin this summer.
    I needed an adapter for both Aer Lingus flights

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

What dealz sell these adapters ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

What dealz sell these adapters ?

All of them. Beside the phone cables and headphones. Mr Price and eurogiant would have them too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks All,
    I will get some from Dealz/Ebay to be on the safe side.
    Donut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Anyone have any luck getting the adapters in dealz or Mr Price?

cena wrote: »

Should with fine. I'm flying on Monday so no chance to buy online. I'm hoping they're in the shops

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Flew AL Dublin to Miami last November and no jack needed. USB connection for charging too.

muirsheen wrote: »
    Should with fine. I'm flying on Monday so no chance to buy online. I'm hoping they're in the shops

I have seen them in Dublin airport. Think it was from 12 to 20 euro

Bought this in dealz this evening. 1 50

muirsheen wrote: »
    Bought this in dealz this evening. 1 50

Don't think this is in athlone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've flown Aer Lingus to US many times, incl weeks ago, they use standard 3.5 jack.
    Your normal headphones will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

biko wrote: »
    I've flown Aer Lingus to US many times, incl weeks ago, they use standard 3.5 jack.
    Your normal headphones will work.

Depends on the plane and the route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Flew to Washington last week with Aer Lingus and needed the adaptor for my headphones.

However on the way home out of JFK, my headphones plugged directly into screen.

Really depends on plane allocated to route so best to have one just in case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement