Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH Installation issues.

• 08-10-2018 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I live in the Croom area of Limerick County. Recently I had a CPM sales agent call to my house and detail the great offers available to me with Fibre to the Home from EIR. 

Because approximately 2 and half years ago having transferred a 20 year old Telecom Eireann account from our previous residence to our new home in Croom I had an extremely stressful experience with Eircom (now Eir) from rude sales calls, to absolutely unprofessional support calls, missed appointments and straight out lying on the part of installation engineers I was about to run this sales agent from my property. I had cancelled all contracts with Eir and vowed to never deal with them again. 

However recently I read that Eir was being bought over by a French interest and that one of the people involved in this purchase was a family friend from Limerick who I've a lot of time for, so I thought maybe but against my better judgement Eir have changed how they operate and this new revision would be a better experience. 

Needless to say and my reason for posting here is it's completely the same, no different, possibly even worse. 

First off, after speaking to the CPM sales agent who I think watched the "Wolf of Wall street" sales tactics too many times, all I have so far from Eir is the loss of earning for two days waiting around for their contractors to call to my house and confirmation that they have my bank details to start charging me!

A few days after signing up for installation investigation with the CPM sales agent, I received a text to my phone that KN networks would call to my house between 9am - 5pm the following Monday. Hoping that things would be straight forward, I took the day off work to be at the house. No one arrived on that day. I tried contacting the agent who gave me his mobile number and assured me he would be available to help resolve any issues, he didn't answer any calls, and so I SMS messaged him.  Shortly after I received a call from a particularly rude Eir customer support member who informed me that KN networks couldn't call that day and they would put me as a priority for the following day, this was at 4:45pm on the day they were supposed to have called between 9am and 5pm . I explained my case about taking time off work to wait around and could I have a more defined time for the engineers to call and was told "no sorry, we cannot guarantee call out times" etc.  

The following day, KN Networks contractors called in the morning. They came into my house, gave the existing line a quick tug, sighed and said "no sorry, can't use this line, it’s stuck in the duct" complained about whoever installed it, and said my only option was to have the line overhead from the pole across the road. Then they explained that that couldn't be done because the pole was to low in relation to the corner of my house and that a new pole on my side of the road would have to be erected. They advised me that this would be only a few days and my installation would be straight forward from that point.

Today, after waiting for 4 weeks for this pole to be erected I contacted the CPM sales agent to query the delay and shortly after received a text from EIR freetext saying "We are trying to contact you in relation to..................". I'm puzzled as to how they were trying to contact me and failed as they SMS messaged the number they would have been trying to contact me on??

Anyway to finish. I've just been told that January 7th 2019 was the new updated date for installation for Fibre to the Home from Eir for my house. Had I not contacted Eir or text the sales agent, I would not have been informed about any delays. The customer support agent actually sighed and said “did no-one contact you about this date?”

90 days to install a pole! One could dig the hole with a tea spoon, cut the tree and limb to a suitable pole with a Swiss army knife, mine the cement out of lime like the Romans and fix the pole in place in 90 days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Croom_lmk wrote: »
    I live in the Croom area of Limerick County. Recently I had a CPM sales agent call to my house and detail the great offers available to me with Fibre to the Home from EIR. 

Because approximately 2 and half years ago having transferred a 20 year old Telecom Eireann account from our previous residence to our new home in Croom I had an extremely stressful experience with Eircom (now Eir) from rude sales calls, to absolutely unprofessional support calls, missed appointments and straight out lying on the part of installation engineers I was about to run this sales agent from my property. I had cancelled all contracts with Eir and vowed to never deal with them again. 

However recently I read that Eir was being bought over by a French interest and that one of the people involved in this purchase was a family friend from Limerick who I've a lot of time for, so I thought maybe but against my better judgement Eir have changed how they operate and this new revision would be a better experience. 

Needless to say and my reason for posting here is it's completely the same, no different, possibly even worse. 

First off, after speaking to the CPM sales agent who I think watched the "Wolf of Wall street" sales tactics too many times, all I have so far from Eir is the loss of earning for two days waiting around for their contractors to call to my house and confirmation that they have my bank details to start charging me!

A few days after signing up for installation investigation with the CPM sales agent, I received a text to my phone that KN networks would call to my house between 9am - 5pm the following Monday. Hoping that things would be straight forward, I took the day off work to be at the house. No one arrived on that day. I tried contacting the agent who gave me his mobile number and assured me he would be available to help resolve any issues, he didn't answer any calls, and so I SMS messaged him.  Shortly after I received a call from a particularly rude Eir customer support member who informed me that KN networks couldn't call that day and they would put me as a priority for the following day, this was at 4:45pm on the day they were supposed to have called between 9am and 5pm . I explained my case about taking time off work to wait around and could I have a more defined time for the engineers to call and was told "no sorry, we cannot guarantee call out times" etc.  

The following day, KN Networks contractors called in the morning. They came into my house, gave the existing line a quick tug, sighed and said "no sorry, can't use this line, it’s stuck in the duct" complained about whoever installed it, and said my only option was to have the line overhead from the pole across the road. Then they explained that that couldn't be done because the pole was to low in relation to the corner of my house and that a new pole on my side of the road would have to be erected. They advised me that this would be only a few days and my installation would be straight forward from that point.

Today, after waiting for 4 weeks for this pole to be erected I contacted the CPM sales agent to query the delay and shortly after received a text from EIR freetext saying "We are trying to contact you in relation to..................". I'm puzzled as to how they were trying to contact me and failed as they SMS messaged the number they would have been trying to contact me on??

Anyway to finish. I've just been told that January 7th 2019 was the new updated date for installation for Fibre to the Home from Eir for my house. Had I not contacted Eir or text the sales agent, I would not have been informed about any delays. The customer support agent actually sighed and said “did no-one contact you about this date?”

90 days to install a pole! One could dig the hole with a tea spoon, cut the tree and limb to a suitable pole with a Swiss army knife, mine the cement out of lime like the Romans and fix the pole in place in 90 days.
    Hi Croom_lmk, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your order, I understand this is frustrating. This is not the level of service we aim to provide. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll be able to have a look into this for you and advise further. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Count yourself lucky that you got any reply from Eir . The new owners policy is just profit not service.
    I have a problem with them and we were even asked to PM details of our account. That was last Thursday , as of yet we haven't even got an acknowledgement to our PM . Problem still exists ,even though my wife spent a total of approx 89 mins on the phone yesterday being passed from A to B to C back to A etc.
    Even after that amount of time on the phone, she was then told she was #39 in a queue for the area that "May" be able to solve her problem.

Result of all this, Eir are about to lose 3 mobile, and, 2 landline/BB accounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Count yourself lucky that you got any reply from Eir . The new owners policy is just profit  not service.
    I have a problem with them and we were even asked to PM details of our account. That was last Thursday , as of yet we haven't even got an acknowledgement to our PM . Problem still exists ,even though my wife spent a total of approx 89 mins on the phone  yesterday being passed from A to B to C back to A etc.
    Even after that amount of time on the phone, she was then told she was #39 in a queue for the area that "May" be able to solve her problem.

Result of all this, Eir are about to lose 3 mobile, and, 2 landline/BB accounts
    Hi yrreg0850, 

I've responded to you on your other thread there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pohec

Worst service I have ever experienced in my 40 year life!!! Stay away from Eir if you only can (sadly not an option for me)!!!

Long story short below-

Living in rural Co. Cork & a new property, no infrastructure existing when I moved in, I have opted in for wireless internet via NovaNetworks….

End of October 2018 an Eir door to door salesman knocks on the door & says that we are fiber ready & can order with him, I HAVE IMEDIATELLY DONE THAT (was a no-brainer)

THIS IS WHERE THE ODDISEY BEGINS –

After a storm that has brought down the NovaNetworks antenna, I have cancelled with them (of course, I have ordered with Eir & availed of better infrastructure & technology, was a no-brainer)

I was contacted by Eir contractors that they are coming & installing the infrastructure & internet, they did come, however only pulled in the cables & sorted me out with a phone line & left, saying that internet needs to be qualified by Eir before they can come again & finish the installation.

No sound from Eir for a month & when I was calling their support (multiple times within the last 3 months) I was stuck in their queue for hours before talking to a person, with no outcome, the guys check my Eircode & say that I cannot get Broadband… Funny enough, when I check my neighbors Eircode (same house – different door as I live in a duplex & he never ordered anything from anything from Eir) he can get broadband & no infrastructure in place at all, mine shows as not available.

Being annoyed with waiting in a queue I decided to take time & walk to their shop in Cork to address the problem, not only that, I have availed of their whole package (new iPhone XS with 24 month contract, Broadband, Landline, TV with 12 month contract), which they happily sold me, the rep there was great & did his best to investigate the issue & noticed that there was an issue with my Eircode & said he remediated it, I will be connected this Friday & can expect a call to confirm my Friday morning schedule…

No call came of course & due to my experience I engaged Eir Support via MyEir chat that advised me to give a call to K&N, done that, they advised me that I need to call the Eir Connections Team… I have done that also, Elisabeth there was really nice & said she’s going call me back with an update in the next hour. I was told same by Eir Support at least 5 times & no call came, so I was really happy to receive Elisabeth’s call within 30 minutes.

Now here is where the magic circle closes & starts again, Elisabeth saying that I cannot get broadband at the time on my address… I have explained the Eircode issue & the fact that my neighbor can get it (AGAIN! No infrastructure in place, he never ordered anything or wishes to atm), Elisabeth said she will be investigating internally & get back to me…

As said STAY AWAY FROM EIR if you only can as they will be hooking you up with Broadband in your grave if you are lucky & not before! WORST SERVICE EVER!!! (exceptions like David from the Eir Shop in Cork & Elisabeth from Connections Team prove the rule here), I am stuck with no broadband, phone, tv for 2,5 months now, dancing this dance with Eir that will bring me to my grave, where they will hook me up, so I can make Skype calls from hell back to living on earth.

Sorry Eir, but you suck! Give way to decent companies that are eager to do a proper quality job in Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Pohec wrote: »
    Worst service I have ever experienced in my 40 year life!!! Stay away from Eir if you only can (sadly not an option for me)!!!

Long story short below-

Living in rural Co. Cork & a new property, no infrastructure existing when I moved in, I have opted in for wireless internet via NovaNetworks….

End of October 2018 an Eir door to door salesman knocks on the door & says that we are fiber ready & can order with him, I HAVE IMEDIATELLY DONE THAT (was a no-brainer)

THIS IS WHERE THE ODDISEY BEGINS –

After a storm that has brought down the NovaNetworks antenna, I have cancelled with them (of course, I have ordered with Eir & availed of better infrastructure & technology, was a no-brainer)

I was contacted by Eir contractors that they are coming & installing the infrastructure & internet, they did come, however only pulled in the cables & sorted me out with a phone line & left, saying that internet needs to be qualified by Eir before they can come again & finish the installation.

No sound from Eir for a month & when I was calling their support (multiple times within the last 3 months) I was stuck in their queue for hours before talking to a person, with no outcome, the guys check my Eircode & say that I cannot get Broadband… Funny enough, when I check my neighbors Eircode (same house – different door as I live in a duplex & he never ordered anything from anything from Eir) he can get broadband & no infrastructure in place at all, mine shows as not available.

Being annoyed with waiting in a queue I decided to take time & walk to their shop in Cork to address the problem, not only that, I have availed of their whole package (new iPhone XS with 24 month contract, Broadband, Landline, TV with 12 month contract), which they happily sold me, the rep there was great & did his best to investigate the issue & noticed that there was an issue with my Eircode & said he remediated it, I will be connected this Friday & can expect a call to confirm my Friday morning schedule…

No call came of course & due to my experience I engaged Eir Support via MyEir chat that advised me to give a call to K&N, done that, they advised me that I need to call the Eir Connections Team… I have done that also, Elisabeth there was really nice & said she’s going call me back with an update in the next hour. I was told same by Eir Support at least 5 times & no call came, so I was really happy to receive Elisabeth’s call within 30 minutes.

Now here is where the magic circle closes & starts again, Elisabeth saying that I cannot get broadband at the time on my address… I have explained the Eircode issue & the fact that my neighbor can get it (AGAIN! No infrastructure in place, he never ordered anything or wishes to atm), Elisabeth said she will be investigating internally & get back to me…

As said STAY AWAY FROM EIR if you only can as they will be hooking you up with Broadband in your grave if you are lucky & not before! WORST SERVICE EVER!!! (exceptions like David from the Eir Shop in Cork & Elisabeth from Connections Team prove the rule here), I am stuck with no broadband, phone, tv for 2,5 months now, dancing this dance with Eir that will bring me to my grave, where they will hook me up, so I can make Skype calls from hell back to living on earth.

Sorry Eir, but you suck! Give way to decent companies that are eager to do a proper quality job in Ireland!
    Hi there Pohec,

I sincerely apologise about the customer journey you have experienced with us so far. If you would like to PM me the following account details, I would be more than happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

~Kellie

• Advertisement
Advertisement