Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo Trainer related Qs

Options
  • 08-10-2018 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Relative noob with all things turbo trainer related.

I picked up the Aldi/Lidl trainer a couple of years ago and it sat in my shed since then only used a few times! I've started to use it again and plan to use it a fair bit over the winter.

Qs 1 - Is it a good trainer? What would I pay for a better one on a budget?

Qs 2 - How can I measure my speed and distance when my speedo is on my front wheel?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭maldondo

It depends what you need in a trainer, ie.. how much your going to use it.

I started off with an entry level one probably similar to yours. I got a bluetooth speed and cadence sensor for the rear wheel and was able to use Zwift straight away.

See if you like it before thinking of upgrading the trainer I put up a fair bit of mileage on mine and eventually graduated to an Elite Direto which I love.

Set up a fan and a Laptop/TV and your sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Is Zwift an app?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭maldondo

Yep, there's a fair few to choose from. It's a good way to keep track of what your doing.

https://zwift.com/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Qs 1 - Is it a good trainer? What would I pay for a better one on a budget?
    Its not, loud and burns through tyres if it is similar to other ones from Aldi.
    Qs 2 - How can I measure my speed and distance when my speedo is on my front wheel?
    Moving it to your own backwheel will be the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What would be considered the more quieter turbos?(looking to spend around 200). Which is considered better- magnetic versions or the ones based on fluid?

• Advertisement
Advertisement