Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on becoming an Accountant in Ireland

Options
  • 08-10-2018 2:35pm

Hello all,

I'm looking for some advice on how a non-Irish resident can become a chartered accountant. The person has a Masters Degree in Accounting and Finances from a Portuguese university, but I can't find much info on how can she take the leap to Ireland and get her qualifications recognized.

Would she need to start as a trainee in any company and do the ACCA exams? What steps does she need to take to become an accountant here?

Any help is appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

joanabee wrote: »
    Hello all,

I'm looking for some advice on how a non-Irish resident can become a chartered accountant. The person has a Masters Degree in Accounting and Finances from a Portuguese university, but I can't find much info on how can she take the leap to Ireland and get her qualifications recognized.

Would she need to start as a trainee in any company and do the ACCA exams? What steps does she need to take to become an accountant here?

Any help is appreciated! :)

ACCA = Chartered Certified Accountant
    ACA = Chartered Accountant.

From a terminology perspective the ACA exams are for the chartered route with ACCA being the certified route.

Difference? None other than which ever one you are a member of, you will think is better.

Steps required. 3-3.5 years approved training and pass a series of exams along with recording experience Which wil need to be signed off by your training supervisor

Advertisement