Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post tracking explanation

Options
  • 08-10-2018 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I've been waiting on an Amazon order for the past week and on friday the tracking stated "ITEM IS ON DELIVERY" assumed this meant it was going to be delivered but it still hasn't been delivered.

Is that not what it means? It's killing me that its a 10 minute drive and yet I can't go get it.

I've had to recently stop using the An Post business account because of issues like this. It's driving me crazy. :mad:

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Try the tracking number on the An Post website instead - if there is no tracking information there, then they don't have it.

Amazon can apply an An Post tracking number to the parcel when it's still in any one of their warehouses, and once it leaves the warehouse its "ITEM IS ON DELIVERY", but that can just mean it's on the truck/train/boat/drone thats bringing it some or all of the way to An Posts centre in Ballymount or Portlaoise, which can take a number of days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

That is the An post tracking Spocker. Amazon has said out for delivery since friday too. :(

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

If it's not there in tomorrows delivery try getting in touch with your local DSU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Spocker wrote: »
    If it's not there in tomorrows delivery try getting in touch with your local DSU

You could be in bother. Hope it's not important.
    I needed urgent letter from abroad for court case.
    6 weeks missing. I got lip service and no help from an post.

When I said I would ask my barrister to fix them with legal costs
    As case would have to be adjourned ,it mysteriously turned up ..

Was sitting on a Window cill or something I would say in sorting office at GPO or naas rd.

Your unlucky wish you the best

I got another text today to say it was going to be delivered today so hopefully it arrives.

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Hope it arrived.

Unfortunately not Miareland. Got a text to say they had missed me and left a slip. No slip was there though. I called customer service and was told to go to the depot, went and it wasn’t there. :( she said it’ll probably be delivered tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

Had a similar issue 2 weeks ago. Parcel driver told me an post have changed how they do things. He said once it goes out for delivery, they make 3 attempts to deliver. It stays on the van until they make all 3 attempts so you just have to wait. He said they don't leave slips any more. My number was on the parcel so he phoned me, don't know if they all do.

As an update it was mostly Amazon’s fault. They had printed the shipping label off centre and my first name and house number had been cut off.

I got a call from the driver and he said he’d put it off to the side in the depot so I could grab it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

lollpop wrote: »
    Had a similar issue 2 weeks ago. Parcel driver told me an post have changed how they do things. He said once it goes out for delivery, they make 3 attempts to deliver. It stays on the van until they make all 3 attempts so you just have to wait. He said they don't leave slips any more. My number was on the parcel so he phoned me, don't know if they all do.

Must vary from area to area because if there's no one around I've gotten the delivery slip after the 1st unsuccessful delivery attempt (most recently just yesterday).

I've never had any trouble collecting a registered letter or a parcel early the next morning from my local An Post depot. For me it's more convenient than waiting for three failed deliveries (and probably 3 to 4 days) before being notified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lau2976 wrote: »
    As an update it was mostly Amazon’s fault. They had printed the shipping label off centre and my first name and house number had been cut off.

I got a call from the driver and he said he’d put it off to the side in the depot so I could grab it.

That happens a lot. When it's An Post there's a decent chance of the staff figuring it out, if it's Fastway you'll probably never get the package

Advertisement