Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconnection service request locked without explanation

Options
  • 08-10-2018 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

We bought a house a month ago. We did not immediately register the electricity. On Thursday the power was disconnected without warning. I spoke to customer service and credit control. I provided proof of ownership and a meter reading which were accepted. Reconnection was scheduled for this morning. I stayed in the house as required.

At 1.00 there was no power and nobody had come. I rang ESB. They said the service request had been cancelled by the provider without explanation. I rang your customer service. They spent some time looking into it. A second service request had been submitted which was then locked. They didn’t know why either. I’m currently awaiting a callback either from them or meter services directly.

We need to have power back right away. We said we would move out of our rented accommodation this week. There is work that needs to be completed on the new house before we move in. We have a baby who was preemie and has respiratory issues so we can’t expose him to fumes from the work. [Luckily they were able to provide a generator to continue the work today, but we cannot fire the gas heating without electricity which we need to do so that things will dry enough to continue.]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi blergh,

We are really sorry to read it. I'm afraid we are finishing here in the Social Media department at 6pm. Do private message us the MPRN and your name, address and telephone number (also stating that you are the account-holder) however we cannot guarantee that we will be able to have the matter escalated before we finish for the day. Should this be the case, we recommend contacting the Customer Service team on on 01 8529534 with any follow-up queries (they are open until 8pm).

Best regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Thank you I PMed the requested details.

Advertisement