Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Online order

Options
  • 08-10-2018 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi.

I wonder if anyone has had similar issues ordering from eir.

Recently ordered and paid for a new device from eir as part of an upgrade. Got it on offer online and noticed that they had the wrong address on the tracking page. The package went towards the wrong address but I managed, after considerable trouble, to re-route to the correct address. This obviously added 4-5 days to the delivery time.

When the phone finally arrived to the correct address I discover that it is the wrong phone. Contacted eir again and I was informed that a jiffy bag would sent out to return the incorrect device. 2 weeks and counting.

Waited for the jiffy for a few days and eventually discovered that eir had also sent that to the same incorrect address. Another week added and now outside the cooling off period (New contract already started)

Finally got the bag and returned the phone and waited another week and a half for confirmation of receipt and dispatch of correct device. No word from eir. Finally rang today and was told that the phone is now out of stock and that it would be another 4 weeks before they could fill the order. Was rather rudely told I should get the phone from a store at additional cost of e100 or cancel the order outright.

Could someone from eir could enlighten us as to why customers should suffer because of eir's mistakes and why, if eir have 1000s of these phones in stock around the country, do I have to wait another 4 weeks (9 weeks in total) for a product I've already paid for?
    Can I now close my account without penalty if I cancel my order?
    I've tried your bill pay helpline but, as expected, no body picked up in the hour and a half I was on the line.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Grabinash wrote: »
    Hi.

I wonder if anyone has had similar issues ordering from eir.

Recently ordered and paid for a new device from eir as part of an upgrade. Got it on offer online and noticed that they had the wrong address on the tracking page. The package went towards the wrong address but I managed, after considerable trouble, to re-route to the correct address. This obviously added 4-5 days to the delivery time.

When the phone finally arrived to the correct address I discover that it is the wrong phone. Contacted eir again and I was informed that a jiffy bag would sent out to return the incorrect device. 2 weeks and counting.

Waited for the jiffy for a few days and eventually discovered that eir had also sent that to the same incorrect address. Another week added and now outside the cooling off period (New contract already started)

Finally got the bag and returned the phone and waited another week and a half for confirmation of receipt and dispatch of correct device. No word from eir. Finally rang today and was told that the phone is now out of stock and that it would be another 4 weeks before they could fill the order. Was rather rudely told I should get the phone from a store at additional cost of e100 or cancel the order outright.

Could someone from eir could enlighten us as to why customers should suffer because of eir's mistakes and why, if eir have 1000s of these phones in stock around the country, do I have to wait another 4 weeks (9 weeks in total) for a product I've already paid for?
    Can I now close my account without penalty if I cancel my order?
    I've tried your bill pay helpline but, as expected, no body picked up in the hour and a half I was on the line.

Thanks
    Hi Grabinash, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your order, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account/order number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Grabinash

Hi Tracey.

Just sent details in PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Grabinash wrote: »
    Hi Tracey.

Just sent details in PM
    Great, thanks.

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks