Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Octo core android box €54.41. Delivered from Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Its costly for a 2 gb ram box...you can get mibox with android tv for similar price..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Its costly for a 2 gb ram box...you can get mibox with android tv for similar price..

It's truly a pig in a bag. It has an old version on Android TV while others are being updated to Oreo. Will it ever see an update or even a bugfix? I don't think it's great value tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I appreciate your feedback guys. Should have posted it before I bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

The good thing with Amazon is you always cancel your order or return it when you get it at no charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭rom

The new amazon fire stick 4k for a similar price is probably a better idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

OP you may be able to cancel your order (unless it has shipped already?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

long_b wrote: »

It hasn't shipped yet. It's only €50 I'll give it to my father as gift he has been looking for one. Will look at the 4k stick after work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

long_b wrote: »

Or as always just refuse delivery and it will get returned and you will get full refund

Amazon can pull deliveries depending on how it's shipped, I've cancelled before after the item was dispatched but that was before they offered prime here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭stooge

It hasn't shipped yet. It's only €50 I'll give it to my father as gift he has been looking for one. Will look at the 4k stick after work.

cancel it now online or just ring them. you can get much better boxes for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Get a fire stick don't think they sell in Ireland. So open a parcel motel account get shipped to the north and it'll end up in a box down near you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I would get the new fire stick and if you can, hold out till BF and it will be on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

No word about widevine, so I'd assume it has no L1 key, i.e. no Netflix hd etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

There are now newer boxes, which you can get from an EU store on Geekbuying and Gearbest that have 3GB, Android 8 and the better chipsets typically used in Android boxes!

Only thing you can't be sure about these is the quality of the RAM used I guess.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MX10-Android-7-1-2-RK3328-4GB-32GB-TV-Box-386668.html

Xiaomi just announced a new official Android TV box, the Mi Box S. I believe mostly same hardware as current International Version...perhaps updated wireless chipset. New casing, new remote, $10 cheaper than previous model.

I'd wait for that or see if the 1st gen gets offloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭rom

Its not all down to spec. If you compare amazon fire products to generic android boxes they hold up well as they are actually customizing the OS to get the most out of it. Network speeds on some of android boxes can be quite poor. I used work testing a certain set top box and well tuned software with regular updates espically for bugs is what you want. As Amazon Fire products have an android core the same apps that are not on the store can be side loaded. The firestick tv 4k is susposed to have 1.5gb of ddr4 ram when everything else has just ddr3 ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009793892648.html?wid=1433363&vip=16075846&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4pfq9Oz73QIVR6ntCh3VMwRUEAEYASAAEgIrIPD_BwE

This box seems to have the latest spec for a good price. What do others think? I'm looking for a box for iptv

Daithi07 wrote: »
    https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009793892648.html?wid=1433363&vip=16075846&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4pfq9Oz73QIVR6ntCh3VMwRUEAEYASAAEgIrIPD_BwE

This box seems to have the latest spec for a good price. What do others think? I'm looking for a box for iptv

Another pig in a bag!!!

You are better to get a device that is known for getting ongoing support. See this thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057446012

Advertisement