Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heaters out of sync?

Options
  • 08-10-2018 8:41pm

Hi folks,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i'll give it a shot, see if I can be pointed in the right direction.

So at the moment, my storage heaters seem to be coming on at the correct time, but at 9.30 in the morning it is still on. I was under the assumption that the night rate stops at 9 in the "summer" (summer...ha)

I've heard that they can become out of sync over time. If this is true, is this a landlords issue to deal with or part of the ESB networks remit?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi karlosdelteq, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

The day rate should come into effect from 9am at the moment and this will change to 8am once the clocks falling back for winter time. As such, the storage heaters should turn off at this time. 

This will depend on whether the issue is with a manual timer on the storage heaters or if the time clock for the meter is at the wrong time.

If the meter time clock is at the wrong time, ESB Networks will need to come to the property and they can fix the time clock. They maintain the meters and the electricity network for all electricity suppliers, including Electric Ireland. If you are an Electric Ireland customer, please ring our colleagues on 1850 372 372 to arrange an appointment.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement