Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Question

Options
  • 08-10-2018 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Evening All

Hope this isn't a stupid question. I have an Epson WF-3620...used for home scanning/printing. I have it setup direct as USB printer...and also as a network printer via wifi. When I'm printing...if I select the network printer everything is fine. If I select local...everything is shaded. The black is grey...and you can barely see the colours. It's obviously not the printer...so am I right in thinking it might be different drivers ?. Can't understand how that could have happened but might explain it. Otherwise there's settings somewhere where one is set to "greyscale" and the other isn't...but again I've no recollection of changing anything plus can't see a setting like this. Anyone experienced anything similar...or any ideas ??.

Thanks,
                 K
    Edit: Just checked further and the USB/local is 2.68.3/2017 and barely prints. The 2.32.0/2013 is the network driver and prints perfectly. Even though it's dated 2013.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Check the print Properties when printing to the USB connected device.

It does seem like the settings are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are you running Windows? If so, open Printers & scanners (Windows key + I > Devices). You should see your printer listed twice, once for USB and once for WiFi. Click on either and select Manage > Printing preferences. Check for a greyscale or ink saving setting. If you can't find something specific, compare the preferences of both.

Advertisement