Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am cyclist and I had an accident. It’s about compensation

Options
  • 08-10-2018 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I had a bicycle accident 7 month ago. I was right side on the road and the driver accepted it's his fault . My bicycle, helmet and some equipments were broken. My nose was bloody a lot and my both knees were injured . He took me UCC hospital directly that the accident had been near the hospital. The doctor just took my blood and took a MRI scan of my hand but they didn't check my nose and knees. So then, i went gp and physiotherapy (just a few times) but they didn't do anything that only gave pain killers and cream however I still have pain and problem of my body . And also it influenced my psychology badly. Whenever I ride my bike I always feel nervous and afraid if being something happened Then I found a lawyer and we have started lawsuit. And tomorrow I have an appointment with the driver , his insurance and my lawyer that is not formal meeting. We are going to talk about this situation and money. But I don't know anything about what will happen in the future. Do I have a right to demand an compansation from the incurrence company . What should I said opposite side in tomorrow's meeting. And also the problem is my lawyer don't deal with this case well.

Thanks you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You should just let your solicitor do the talking.thats what you’re paying them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Did you call the garda when you had the accident? Do you have any witnesses?If not then its his word against yours what happend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

If you still have problems with the injuries get to a physio and keep recipts.

It sounds like the guy admitted fault and was reasonably decent to you afterwards, by all means seek compensation that you deserve but don't take him to the cleaners!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ironcarbonom

Did you call the garda when you had the accident? Do you have any witnesses?If not then its his word against yours what happend.

Yes somebody called the Garda and the case is currently continuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Then I found a lawyer and we have started lawsuit. And tomorrow I have an appointment with the driver , his insurance and my lawyer that is not formal meeting.

If his insurance is going to be there, i can assure you that it is a formal meeting. Where did you find this lawyer?
    We are going to talk about this situation and money. But I don't know anything about what will happen in the future. Do I have a right to demand an compansation from the incurrence company . What should I said opposite side in tomorrow's meeting. And also the problem is my lawyer don't deal with this case well.

I don't like the sound of that. Hasn't your lawyer briefed you on what you should say and not say? This may sound strange but tactically it might be better if you did not attend as it sounds like you don't really understand your role at the meeting. And by the sound of it, neither does your lawyer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement