Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddle Help

Options
  • 08-10-2018 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

So just noticed my saddle is broken, been finding it tough on rides over an hour lately, assumed it was just because i'm on the turbo. No its got a big crack and whole lotta give.

I'm wondering is there different types of saddle fits with regards seatpost? Or are seatposts & saddles all interchagable?

Also anyone got a good recommendation re saddles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    .... Or are seatposts & saddles all interchagable?....
    Yes, with a few exceptions.
    c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Also anyone got a good recommendation re saddles?
    That's a bit like being asked to recommend a pair of shoes!

Some bike shops have saddles which you can trial for a while.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Charge spoons come highly recommended and are cheap. But again as Wishbone Ash said, everyone has a preference. I go out for hours on my Selle San Marco Concor Dynamic Saddle with no hassle, but it really wouldn't be a saddle for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Cheers guys...

Just wondering if Fizik are all they crack up to be.

Looking at the Arione VS. I tend to prefer a narrower saddle(been told its because of my lower back flexibility)

My previous saddle was stupid narrow and loved it, really should have taken off my old bike before selling it, or at least written the name down(over 5 years ago tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

What make is your broken saddle?

Fizik replaced one for me about five years after I had bought it. I had no receipt but sent them photos of the damage and of the manufacturing date stamp. Excellent service and I'm still very happy with the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

What make is your broken saddle?

Fizik replaced one for me about five years after I had bought it. I had no receipt but sent them photos of the damage and of the manufacturing date stamp. Excellent service and I'm still very happy with the replacement.

I don't know the make, the saddle is at least 7 years old. Very faded. Only lettering I can make out is flex. Was on the bike when I bought it second hand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement