Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religion in Schools

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I don't have time to check, but did you read the legislation itself?It may also mention secondary schools, but the article may have just focused on primary schools. I know a few secondary have been in the news with legal cases re: discrimination, so I imagine they would tread carefully, but whether they have a legal obligation or not, I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

As far as I know (and I’ll happily be corrected) it only applies to primary. If I remember what I read correctly the logic was that the Catholic Church control something like 90% of primary schools but don’t have the same control in the secondary sector so people have a greater choice of secondary schools. For example all primary’s in a particular area may be catholic but not of the secondary schools will be.

Advertisement