Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sport and sky q mini.

Options
  • 09-10-2018 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi, I have just been upgraded to sky q. I have eir sports package free as part of my eir ftth package.

I have eir sport /bt on my main sky q now however I don't have it on the mini.

As I understand it from looking at other posts in this forum, it is possible to have eir sport on the mini and in fact some members on here avail of this, however when I rang eir sports this morning I was told it would cost me €32.50 per month to get this.

Could you please clarify the situation regarding the sky q mini and eir sport package please.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

opengoal wrote: »
    Hi, I have just been upgraded to sky q. I have eir sports package free as part of my eir ftth package.

As I understand it from looking at other posts in this forum,  it is possible to have eir sport on the mini and in fact some members on here avail of this, however when I rang eir sports this morning I was told it would cost me €32.50 per month to get this.

Could you please clarify the situation regarding the sky q mini and eir sport package please.

Thanks.
    Hi do not pay for this ring the Eir sports team with your details and they will setup your account to send the signal to the mini box. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

As I understand it from looking at other posts in this forum,  it is possible to have eir sport on the mini and in fact some members on here avail of this, however when I rang eir sports this morning I was told it would cost me €32.50 per month to get this.

Thanks.
    Hi opengoal, 

Apologies for the confusion. 

I can confirm that t[font=Calibri, sans-serif]here is no charge for mini boxes. This would be included in your package price and covers up to 4 mini boxes. [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Our eir Sports team on 0818 20 30 40 will be able to assist you with this. [/font]

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Hi opengoal, 

Apologies for the confusion. 

I can confirm that t[font=Calibri, sans-serif]here is no charge for mini boxes. This would be included in your package price and covers up to 4 mini boxes. [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Our eir Sports team on 0818 20 30 40 will be able to assist you with this. [/font]

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks Tracey, I will contact them.
    Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Just by way of update..I emailed eir sport customer service and all is set up now on mini box..thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Just by way of update..I emailed eir sport customer service and all is set up now on mini box..thanks for your help.
    Hi opengoal

That is great news. Thank you so much for letting us know

-Kyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Hi 
    I'm an existing Eir Sports subscription customer 
    I will be upgrading to Sky Q next friday week the 26th

I'm not a Eir Broadband or Eir Mobile customer

I will getting Sky Q 2TB box and Sky Q Mini box
    I will be keeping my existing 4 Sky HD boxes for FTV channels
    I have 2 Sky Dishes one with Octo LNB and other with Quad Lnb
    The Quad lnb will be replaced with a Hybrid Lnb for Sky Q and to keep existing connections on Quad Lnb active   

My current setup is 
    Sky HD+ 1TB Box I'm paying €27.99 a month for Eir Sports soon to be increased to €29.99 a month
    I also have Eir Sports on 3 of my other Sky HD boxes
    My first multiroom sub I get eir sports for free I got this back when it was Setanta Sports
    I also pay €2.99 each for 2 other Sky HD boxes
    4 Sky Boxes in total receiving Eir Sports Pack

When I get Sky Q installed next friday
    When I contact Eir with my viewing card that's for the Sky Q box so I can receive eir sports on Sky Q 2TB box instead of my Sky HD 1TB Box
    Will I get Eir Sports free also on the Sky Mini Box as a replacement for the Sky Box multiroom sub I already get for free

The other 2 Sky HD boxes that I pay €2.99 each for I will be keeping for eir sports just won't be able to record on these

I'm looking at my existing setup to be changed to the following
    Sky Q 2TB Box Eir Sports €27.99 (€29.99)
    Sky Q Mini Box Eir Sports Free

Eir Sports on the Boxes below
    Sky HD + Box €2.99 a month
    Sky HD Multiroom Box €2.99 a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

paulboland wrote: »
    Hi 
    I'm an existing Eir Sports subscription customer 
    I will be upgrading to Sky Q next friday week the 26th

I'm not a Eir Broadband or Eir Mobile customer

I will getting Sky Q 2TB box and Sky Q Mini box
    I will be keeping my existing 4 Sky HD boxes for FTV channels
    I have 2 Sky Dishes one with Octo LNB and other with Quad Lnb
    The Quad lnb will be replaced with a Hybrid Lnb for Sky Q and to keep existing connections on Quad Lnb active   

My current setup is 
    Sky HD+ 1TB Box I'm paying €27.99 a month for Eir Sports soon to be increased to €29.99 a month
    I also have Eir Sports on 3 of my other Sky HD boxes
    My first multiroom sub I get eir sports for free I got this back when it was Setanta Sports
    I also pay €2.99 each for 2 other Sky HD boxes
    4 Sky Boxes in total receiving Eir Sports Pack

When I get Sky Q installed next friday
    When I contact Eir with my viewing card that's for the Sky Q box so I can receive eir sports on Sky Q 2TB box instead of my Sky HD 1TB Box
    Will I get Eir Sports free also on the Sky Mini Box as a replacement for the Sky Box multiroom sub I already get for free

The other 2 Sky HD boxes that I pay €2.99 each for I will be keeping for eir sports just won't be able to record on these

I'm looking at my existing setup to be changed to the following
    Sky Q 2TB Box Eir Sports €27.99 (€29.99)
    Sky Q Mini Box Eir Sports Free

Eir Sports on the Boxes below
    Sky HD + Box €2.99 a month
    Sky HD Multiroom Box €2.99 a month
    Hi paulboland, 

The best people to query this with is our eir Sport team directly on 0818 20 30 40 or alternatively, you can email them on cs@eirsport.ie. They will be able to explore all your options with you and advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement